Ch. 1 - Long gone

₪ ₪

"But your picture on my wall,
it reminds me that it's not so bad."

- Stan, Eminem ft

- Stan,
Eminem ft. Dido

₪ ₪

Three years. Three lonesome, dull years. That's how long it's been since you two went your separate ways, and it was exactly today that marked that anniversary.

You dreaded today. You hated it, even. Simply looking at the combination of numbers that made up that date left a bitter taste in your mouth. Waves of unwelcoming past memories always managed to resurface at this time of year, the ones of him. The ones you've tried so hard to forget.

You laid wide awake in your bed from night till dusk to reminisce the past. The funny memories, the simple ones, the happy ones, the sad ones. You remembered each and every moment and you endlessly replayed them all in your head.

The birds began to whistle their morning songs which took you out of your dream-like state. You hastily sat up and rubbed your eyes while yawning. You stretched out your legs and arms then peered over at the clock.

5:46 A.M.

You had a little over two hours until you started the morning shift in the coffee shop you worked at. You were never in the mood to deal with customers complaining about the most minuscule of things but you always managed to muster up the strength to put on a genuine smile and greet everyone wholeheartedly.

But today was an exception, you had no such strength. All the emotions that welled up inside of you was beginning to seep it's way to the surface. It was mentally draining to try and force it down.

You rummaged for your phone that was somewhere lost in the bedsheets then messaged your manager that you wouldn't be able to open up the shop this morning. As scary and intimidating your manager was, you couldn't bring yourself to care or even make an excuse for your sudden absence. Thoughts of him was all that mattered right now and you told yourself that you would deal with the consequences later.

You dragged yourself out of bed and went about your morning routine.

You made some hot coffee to make up for your lack of sleep, but you didn't pick it up again after setting it down. You sat at your dinner table until the coffee eventually grew cold. Deafening silence enveloped your small apartment all except for the sound of the clock ticking and the soft sigh of the morning rain.

You stared at the outside of your window which overlooked a lifeless and dull Shibuya, your expression mirroring the scenery.

'Why did I even bother getting up?'

Despite your thoughts, you slipped on (outfit choice) along with a faded red scarf and a coat. You looked around for your (f/c) umbrella and found it at the far corner of the room. You ambled your way over but came to a clean stop. Your heart nearly leaped out of your throat and you inhaled sharply.

You almost forgot it existed, especially considering it was just sitting there collecting dust this entire time at the very corner of your shelf.

A photo embedded in a simple wooden picture frame was all that it was, but pictures were worth a thousand words. A thousand thoughts. A thousand memories.

You delicately picked up the wooden frame, your hands slightly quivering, like you were afraid it would vanish into dust.

It was a picture of your old friend group  on a wintry Christmas Eve. You scanned each of their faces one by one: Hinata, Pah-chin, Emma, Draken, Takemichi, Mikey and so forth. And of course stupid Baji dressed as Santa for the occasion with Chifuyu dressed as a damn elf. You chuckled at the memory and kept scanning until your eyes landed on a certain lilac-haired boy who had his arm around your neck. A maroon cloth was wrapped around your neck in the picture. You unconsciously fiddled with your worn-out scarf, it had seen better days.

Your lips flickered upwards. These were 'the days.' Ah yes, the 'good old days' was what people called it.

But a cold reality settled in. As soon as your smile had appeared, it vanished. This precious picture only served to remind you of what you had lost.

You clenched the picture frame and leaned against the wall for support. His face was forever burned into your mind. Your eyes glistened from the hot tears threatening to spill. You harshly bit your trembling lips to prevent guttural sobs from escaping, to prevent letting out the pent up frustration and despair and regret that your heart begged to release.

However, you couldn't hold back any longer. Each human has their limits, and you've finally reached yours. Your knees gave out beneath you as you gripped onto the picture frame for dear life with your forehead pressed against the cold floor. A heart-wrenching sob rushed out.

Long gone are the 'good old days.' Long gone are the days you were happy. Long gone are the days Mitsuya Takashi was in your life.

₪ ₪

A/N: well... this is my first book and very first chapter and I typed this shit out at 2 am due to extreme boredom. I'll probably re-edit this later, who knows. Doubt people will read this but let's see what happens :')

Anyways, thoughts so far? Would appreciate it. <3

- 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓁𝓎.

₪ ₪