The Rise

Warning: has mention of graphic violence having to do with suicide. If this will have any affect on you do not read. If not. Enjoy

As I pull myself out of the hole I take in the view. So much color how long it has been since I have seen it, so vibrant, so bright. 200 years in a cold dark hell being tortured day by day really brings out the pop in the world. But now I am free, now the chaos can begin. The Bender of Minds is back.

Aryx stares at the picture in his hand with a feeling of immense regret. His greatest failure; his greatest mistake. " I never should have pushed you so hard, never", as he says this he hears a pounding on the door. "Teacher Aryx, Teacher Aryx!" a voice cries, one the teacher knows well. Walking to the door and opening it he is faced with his best student Arion Flint, an extreme intelligent child with keen battle senses. "What is it my boy?"
"Sir, it's the oracle. She's given a new prophecy, and not a good one at that." Is the boys reply. Wasting no time Aryx races out the door with Arion beside him. "Tell me exactly what the oracle said."
"Here I wrote it down" Arion says handing him a paper. "It can't be, he can't have escaped." Aryx says in disbelief.
"Who sir? What do you mean escaped?"
"Do not worry you will find out soon enough" is the answer Aryx gives. "Gather the trainees, I'm going to read the prophecy to them. And explain who exactly the Bender of Minds is."
"Yes sir!" Arion says already running off.
"After all these years, you have returned. Let us hope you don't hold a grudge." Aryx spoke in a somber tone.

Once gathered the trainees can't help but speak about the rumor of the prophecy going around. "Have you heard? Apparently a new prophecy has been given!" One exclaims, "that's impossible that hasn't happened in 13 years longer than any of us have been here". This all stopped as soon as trainer Aryx stepped up to speak.
"Trainees! As I'm sure most of you know there is a rumor going around about a prophecy being giver. I am here to tell you that these rumors are true, and I am here to read this prophecy to you."
As Aryx lifted up the paper in front of him the trainees all leaned forward to hear the prophecy.
"Find the one who has risen
From the hell he was imprisoned
Waiting with bated breath
One choice leads to death
The other to life
To shun or to embrace
The Bender of Minds choice awaits."
The crowd erupts into chatter. "Death what does it mean by death", "I think it's pretty obvious idiot".
"Silence!" Roared Trainer Aryx. "There is another thing I am here to talk about, and that is who this "Bender of Minds" is. As you all know there are people in this world born with extraordinary abilities. You all know this because you are some of them. These people are sent to camps to be trained to protect the world, camps like this very one you are all being trained at."
Aryx pauses looking around the crowd before clearing his throat and continuing to speak. "Now you all also know some abilities are much more powerful than others. The Bender of Minds this prophecy speaks of. Was someone like you.", "He trained in this very camp with an ability like no other I have ever seen. He could make someone see anything he wanted, hear anything he wanted, taste, touch, smell anything he wanted. He could manipulate someone's mind to a degree where he could make them do anything. But, another thing he could do was break minds. I only ever saw him do this once, but even that has left an image I can never forget. He broke the minds of 4 people I then witnessed those people kill themselves in horrific ways. One jumped off a roof. Another twisted his own neck breaking it."
Aryx pauses letting this sink in.
"This power was horrifying but the worst thing is. He didn't have any regret. He did what he did because it had been what he was trained to do. What I had trained him to do. After he displayed this power The Ones Above got scared; scared he would turn this power on them. So they decided he would be imprisoned forever being tortured for eternity so he could never use the power against them. But now somehow he has escaped and we have to try and get him back on our side. Or we will all die". As Aryx finishes speaking not a sound can be heard from the trainees, until one yells out "what was his name?".
Aryx looks at the trainee saddened as he says the name, "Jaxon Kross".

"Achoo!!. Huh someone must be talking about me" the very person the prophecy was about said. "Guess I better finish up here." Looking at the man standing in front of him with a gun pointed at his head. "Now would you like to tell me why this young lady was screaming trying to get away from you?" Jaxon asked in a threateningly calm voice.
"S-sh-shes my daughter and she's mad that I didn't get her a toy." The man stutters the gun shaking in his hand.
"Tut-tut. It's not good to lie you know. It'll get you in trouble." Jaxon says seemingly disappearing in front of the man's eyes.
"Let's see what is it your most afraid of? Oh? That's interesting let's see what happens when I make you see that" as he says this giant spiders seemingly appear in front of the man's eyes. The man starts screaming his throat raw. His greatest fear amplified right in front of his eyes.
"Back get back!!" He yells firing the gun at the spiders staring in horror as the bullets go right through them.
"Oh we can't have you doing that. Guess I better end this now. Pity I was having such fun." Jaxon says snapping his fingers. "Goodbye now" as he says this a crack is heard and the man stops suddenly putting the gun in his hand into his mouth before pulling the trigger.
"Well then, that was fun" as Jaxon turns around he is met with the terrified face of the girl he saved. "Oh I do apologize that you had to see that" again snapping his fingers the girls face seems to calm. "Just forget about this. You'll be better off." As Jaxon walks away he puts an address into the girls head. The address to his old home where he knows his mom would give the girl food and shelter.
"Well then, Now what do I do" Jaxon says running off into the night

Authors Note: Well there it is. I hope you enjoy reading this(if anyone does read this) I had this idea not being able to sleep so I decided to just go for it and write it. So here it is please tell me what you think. And I will update as much as possible when I have a plan made for the story. For now though, welcome to the Bender of Minds