Chapter 1: Fever

"Gray-sama, wait for Juvia!" she yelled as she raced after him. In her long leather boots and big winter coat, the summer heat was murder on her body. She followed Gray for days without packing a bag or anything. She'd seen him leaving the town, and took off after him without thinking.

"Juvia I never asked you to follow me. The guild is disband you don't have to keep sticking to me," Gray said.

"No Juvia sticks with Gray-sama because she wants to...Ahh!" She tripped over some roots in the forrest. "oww," she said rubbing her ankle. Gray let out a long sigh.

"Here," he said "let me see it." Juvia put out her leg and he examined her ankle.

"Hmm it's probably sprained. We should take you to the closest town and get it wrapped up." As he felt her skin he noticed she was boiling hot. "You should really change out of this huge coat."

"Juvia, didn't pack any clothes so she has nothing to change into."

"Here," Gray said. He took off his shirt and gave it to her. "Wear this until we can find you some clothes."

"Gray-sama's shirt! it smells just like Gray-sama. Do you want to see Juvia change," she said a started taking off her dress. Gray pinched her ankle.

"Don't be weird," Gray said. He waited for her to change and then carried her to the closet town. The town they found was a small town in the woods. There were about 15 to 20 houses in all, and the people moved around in their everyday jobs.

"It's so Isolated," Juvia said.

"Let's find a doctor," Gray said. As they walked into town, people stopped working and starred at them. They were starring at them partly because Gray was shirtless but also because they didn't have visitors. Gray stopped at the first person he saw and asked for the doctor.

. . .

"Looks like you sprained your ankle. You should stay off your foot for a few days," the doctor said. "You also have a very high fever that doesn't appear to be going down."

"Thats not good were on the road, and we can't stay stopped for long," Gray said.

"It's okay Gray-sama, Juvia can still..." she winced as she tried to stand.

"No don't strain yourself," the doctor said. "She need's bed rest and medicine for a few days. We have a spare house available for you to stay in, and I can deliver the medication later." Gray sighed.

"If it's just a few days we can stay here," Gray said.

After leaving the doctor, Gray took Juvia ad moved into the small house at the end of the town. It was a one floor, one bed house with a kitchen and living room. The kitchen had a wood stove and a medium sized fridge, and the bedroom had one Kingsized bed. Gray carried Juvia into the bed room and set her on the bed. Using Ice-make magic, he reapplied some ice to her swollen ankle.

"Ok you stay here, I'll go get some water and a cold towel."

"Aww, Gray-sama is so kind to Juvia! Will Gray-sama sleep with Juvia tonight!"

"No, your obviously sick with something or dehydrated you need your rest. I'm going to sleep on the couch in the living room."

"But you would be cold out there Gray-sama, you could be warm with Juvia."

"No that's fine. The cold never bothered me anyways."

Gray left Juvia to rest, and returned to the kitchen where he started the oven and got some water for Juvia. He warmed up the water in the stove and put cold water on a towel for her. Next he took some of the soup he had brought with him and warmed it up in the oven. He came back to Juvia, placed the towel on her head and fed her some of the soup.

"Open your mouth Juvia."

"Ahhh," she said. "It taste delicious!" Soon after Juvia was soundly asleep in bed.

"Geez taking care of her was a lot of work, and that Doctor never even bothered to show up. What a pain. At least she fine now." Gray put his legs up on the coach and put his head back to sleep. "Hopefully she's better tomorrow," he said as he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

...

Gray was suddenly awoken by a crash from the bedroom. He sat up quickly.

"Juvia?" He said as he looked towards that bedroom, but all he could see in the night was a black figure in the doorway.