Chapter four

Sapphire's POV

   I had had it! I was leaving the palace, my heart had broken and I was a freaking fugitive. This couldn't be happening! I wasn't supposed to have feelings for anyone until I was done with my whole......! I don't even want to think about it.

I was shoving my clothes into my bag, I was sick of all these rich people thinking they could do anything they wanted to common wolves like us. I was sick of their attitude towards us. I was sick of what they thought they could do to us. I was just sick, mostly sick of the alpha family! Zain to be precise.
    I was pulling my over flowing luggage. Please no one find me! I prayed repeatedly, I didn't want anyone to query me or tell me ant nonsense, I was leaving... For good!.
Just as I was praying for no one to find me, someone did!
    It was the Luna. She looked shocked to see me leaving.
"Oh, Sapphire.. what are you doing?" She asked me as her eyes landed on my luggage. I couldn't lie, l couldn't lie to her sweet green eyes which looked exactly like Zain's.... I missed-  No, you can't miss that liar, that backstabber! I said to myself.

  " My Luna" I bowed.
"Nonsense! Call me mom." She said.
" I can't, I'm sorry. Working for Zain is just not.... He's just such a cheating... he slept with Rose!---" I burst into tears.
  "Come here sweetie"the Luna said to me taking me to her room.
" Meet Sophia, she's my most trusted therapist.. just tell her all you need to let off your chest, I'll be right back!" The Luna said colder than ever.

Zain's POV

  I was laying on my bed with guilt ever since I slept with Rose my mind hasn't been at rest... What if Sapphire found out? I love Sapphire and just when she was beginning to like me I blew it!
   I felt so guilty and filled with regret, Sapphire would probably hate me after I told her, even I  already hate myself! Just when I was deep in thought my doors swung vigorously open.

  Sapphire?
No. My mother.
"Mother?" I said. She looked very angry like she was about to kill me.
"Zain Michael Jameson, how dare you," my mom yelled with rage. My mother was never this angry. Never!
   "Mother..." I was saying when she walked over to me and gave me a slap across the cheek.
"Ow!" I yelled.
"Why did you sleep with Rose? Huh? You idiot! You told me you loved Sapphire and what better way to show that than going to shatter her heart! You just became Beatrice!" My mom yelled logic into my head. Beatrice slept with my step brother and I just slept with Rose. I was such a... Fool a confused one at that.
     "Mom..  how'd you...."
"That's not the problem, I know and Sapphire knows too and she's leaving and there's nothing I can do about it. You idiot!"
    "Sapphire's leaving?!" I jumped up ready to start sprinting to Sapphire before she left.
  " Mom where is she? I'm so sorry mother. I never meant for this to happen. Rose said you sent her to me" I said remembering was Rose told me.
" I never sent Rose to you!" My mom said looking puzzled.
" Who did then... Not my problem. Mom where's Sapphire?" I asked panicked.
" She's in my lounge" and then I took off. Sapphire, you can't leave me. I never believed in love at first sight but I was with you it all changed, please Sapphire I chanted in my head.
  I opened the doors to my mother's room and I saw the therapist but no sign of Sapphire.
"Where is she?!" I yelled to the female therapist.
      "She left a while ago" she replied and then I sprinted towards the door and then. Outside the gates, she couldn't get far! Could she? I was wrong, she was completely out of sight. I had changed into my wolf and sniffed her out relieved when I caught her scent... The beautiful scent of strawberries.... I found her by a tree her face in her hands, her hands on her knees, crying. I slowly approached her and whined.
  She looked up at me smiling a bit.
" What do you want Zain?"I asked, he changed back into his human form and sat beside me.
  "Sapphire I know what I did was bad..." She interupted me
"Bad? It was disgusting" she said standing up "please I'd love it if you leave me alone".
" I'm not going anywhere Sapphire" I also stood up and then she stopped, dropping her bag and facing me with red, swollen eyes. My heart cringed
  "Why did you do this to me?" She yelled banging on my chest.
"Let it all out, Sapphire. We can do this for days as long as you please stay with me" I begged.
  "And why should I do that Zain. Huh? Why?" She asked me and I became utterly sunken.

"Because... Because I LOVE YOU" that's what I felt and I poured my heart out.
   " I love your red hair, I love your Sapphire eyes, I love your pretty cute nose, I love you smile, l love your mesmerizing laugh which just makes my day. I love how you smell like strawberries" she just stared at me and giggled eyes glistening "how you play with me and tease me, how you're so carefree and lively.. I love how you love animals, I love how.. you love ME" I said pouring my heart out.

   "Oh, Zain I love you too! Everything about you..." She yelled crying again.
"Please don't cry. I hate it when you cry because of me." I told her and then we kissed the most breathtaking kiss. This was the perfect.

   Not until I found out the news Rose had planned for me!

                * Love y'all. Comments please
                                           mulika2 🖤