eventually we decided on the ring which non of us have seen except matt. he loved horror movies.

the movie started, lighting up the pitch black room. i was a little nervous at first but calmed down as the movie went on. nothing too scary had happened yet, but i could feel something was about to happen soon.

i pulled my blanket up and looked up at matt who had his eyes glued to the tv. some creepy music started and i was preparing for the jump scare.

two boney hands grabbed me from behind and i screamed. i wiped around "shit, matt!"

chris was laughing his ass off beside me and nick was shushing us. the creepy music ended up not leading to anything scary. matt went back to his place on the couch.

i sighed and we continued watching. i wanted to go sit with matt. i didn't know why, considering he just scared the shit out of me.

i looked back up at him and he was watching the tv.
i crawl from my spot on the floor to the couch. matt looks over at me as i cuddle by his side with my blanket, splaying it over him as well. i lay my leg over his torso. "mattyyyy, why did you scare me?" i whisper in his ear. i inhaled his subtle scent of soap from his shower. i hear his breath become uneven. i was making him a little nervous, i could tell. if it were socially except able, i would to kiss the soft skin of his neck that was so close to my mouth. but i guess that would be weird. he turned to whisper to me, "because it's funny," he came closer to my ear, "i'm sorry." his breath was warm against my skin. his hand ran down my side in a comforting way. he didn't move his mouth from my ear and i brushed my fingers along his jaw.

the moment ended and we went back to watching the movie. i didn't want it to end, but it was kind of weird for friends to do.

then, boom jump scare. i grabbed on to matt with a yelp, burying my face into the nape of his neck. i heard the scary girl attacking someone. i was holding onto matt for dear life, "matty matty matty"
"chill. it's ok, look," was he for real?! "just look. it's not that scary."
i peeked out and saw the terrifying demon of a girl. it wasn't that bad though. not with matt beside me. i felt safe with him. he was so warm and cuddly and.... cute. no. that's weird. i don't like him like that.
the scene started to calm down. i wrapped my hand around his upper arm, feeling his bicep, "will you protect me?" i whispered as quiet as possible in his ear. he inhaled deeply keeping his eyes on the tv.

"of course." he whispered back, pulling his arm from me to drape it around my shoulders.

the movie finally came to an end and we were all exhausted, considering we had been at an amusement park all day and now it's going on 2 am.

we got up and gathered our pillows and blankets and headed to bed. i was about to follow matt into his room when nick pulled me into his room and shut the door and flipped on the lights causing me to squint and my head to hurt.

"what's wrong?" i scream whisper. nick is looking at me dead in the eyes. "what was up with you and matt?" he snaps.

i was taken aback. "nick, what are you talking about?"
he rolled his eyes, "oh, matty! protect me, matty!" he mocked.
i shoved his shoulder, "stop! i wasn't being a pick me!"
"yes you where! i don't care if you like matt but that was just weird!"

"what?! i don't like matt!"
"stage one: denial"
"shut up!"
"you do like him! me and chris always thought you did because of how differently you've always treated him but tonight you made it official! you. like. my. brother!"

i took a second to breath and calm down.
"even if i did like him, why are you so mad?"

he looked calmer now as well.
"because... we have always been honest with each other. you have told me about every person you have ever liked. but you won't tell me about matt."

was this really why he was so upset? because i wouldn't gush to him about my crush on his own brother? but, to be honest, i never really even admitted it to myself.

"aw, nick..... i'm so sorry." i looked at my feet.
"but to be fair," i looked anywhere but at him, "i never really told anyone. not even myself."

nick looked sympathetic, "i'm sorry. i guess i was just annoyed when you would act like you only saw him as a friend, and then play fight, always taking his side, cuddling on multiple occasions, always choosing him in every situation, the list goes on and on."

i fought back a smile and plopped on his bed, "well, i guess i'll tell you about it then."
nick smiled and jumped beside me in the bed, "spill."

i sighed thinking of matt. "well, there is just that quiet quality of him that's so attractive. just him sitting and being the quiet one attracted me. just sweet little matty. but then when he's mean and loud i'm also attracted to that so...."

"so you are head over heals." nick concluded for me.

"but," nick continued, "what makes him cuter than chris?"

well, that was straight to the point.

"i mean i didn't want to like one of you guys like that. it was an accident. i didn't sit down and think hmm, which straight sturniolo do i want to have a crush on?"

nick nodded in understanding. but i continued, "and matt is so just so cute and sweet. he has more of a baby face than chris and i love his style like a little bit of e-boy vibes-"
"ok stop!" nick interrupted. he looked to be in pain. "that's enough. matt's really not that magical. he's actually gross and annoying as fuck."

i laugh and nick starts laughing too.

"so, enough about me," i wiggle my brows, "what about cameron?"

nick groans but with a smile, covering his face with a pillow. he found his phone and without unlocking it, passed it to me. the lock screen showed a few notifications, including an imessage from HOT DADDY MCBLONDIE😩

i snorted at the name and then turned to nick, "why the fuck haven't you answered?"

he sighed, "i don't know. he sent it about thirty minutes ago. i'm nervous."

i convinced him to at least see what he said. it was a simple hey but better than nothing i guess.

nick went to sleep soon after replying with hiii.

i was trying to go to sleep too, but it was a few minutes passed three am (the witching hour) and those terrifying demons from the movie were haunting me.

it didn't matter where looked or turned, if i looked to my left, something in the closet, looked to my right, something peeking through the window, looked at the ceiling, something would crawl out from under the bed. close my eyes? not happening.

the thought of going to matt's room kept crossing my mind. just across the hall, was matt...

a/n: well, that happened. will she go to matt's room? i know, scary movie, cliche. sorry not sorry.
please comment, vote, and all that ish <3