Chapter Three: Sometimes Even A Stoic God Can Smile

Sobu High School: Gym Class

In the wide open outdoors, many male students were shown in a large group, wearing their usual green colored gym attires. As the gym teacher took role call; standing all the way in the back was Y(N) and Hikigaya, looking noticeably bored. All they could do was await their teachers order, while ignoring the rest of the class.

Gym Teacher: (Writes on his clipboard before addressing the class) All right, guys! Pair up with a partner today. We have some sports equipment today so feel free to use them. Also if you can, learn and help one another with your abilities, spar if need be. And remember, keep it to a minimum! We don't want any unfortunate accidents today!

Once the teacher finished speaking, everyone besides Y(N) and Hikigaya began moving away, already having found a partner to train with.

Y(N): ...Once again, we are stuck with one another.

Hikigaya: Would you have it any other way?

Y(N): (Crosses his arms) Hmm...Not at all... In fact, I'd say this works perfectly in my favor.

Before more could be said or done, Zaimokuza is seen walking towards the two loners, he himself holding a monotone expression. Y(N) and Hikigaya merely stare at him as he stands in front of the two and salutes respectfully.

Zaimokuza: General Yoshiteru, at your service, my liege! I request permission to join alongside your fateful servant to serve the one most high! All the other mongrels fear the mere sight of my glorious power, so now I turn to the only one who can offer me a proper challenge!

Y(N): ...So basically what you are saying, is that you were unable to find a gym partner and we're your last resort?

Zaimokuza: (Slightly sweats) ...Yes...

Hikigaya: (Sighs before addressing the student) Did your last pair up with L(N) teach you absolutely nothing? Or do you just want to go to the infirmary again?

Zaimokuza: (Waves his hands in a defensive manner) I-I-I h-have no intentions of fighting today, I promise you... It's just that... Well...I...don't have anyone else to talk to or hang out with... So, umm... Can I join you guys...? Please...

Y(N): At least you're honest on the matter... (Turns to Hikigaya) Should we make an exception just this once?

Hikigaya: (Shrugs) As long as he doesn't say anything relating to his horrid fan-fiction...I'll manage just this once.

Y(N): (Turns back to the other student) The Council Of Loners has officially given you permission to join alongside us...In exchange for your silence regarding a particular "story"... But, this arrangement of ours will only last for today... Do we have an agreement?

Zaimokuza: You drive a hard bargain! ...Deal! (Grows excited) So does this mean we're finally-?

Y(N): (Cuts him off) We are still not friends. If you annoy me again, the only close companion you'll have is the infirmary bed.

Zaimokuza: (Stutters fearfully) D-Duly noted!

After that "delightful" conversation, the three loners made their way towards the fence wall. However, instead of partaking in any sort of spar or normal activity...Y(N) and Hikigaya merely sat down in a criss cross position and begun to meditate... Zaimokuza was left completely confused, but followed their lead regardless... He seemed to have trouble adjusting at first, but managed to do so after a few minutes... Each one closed their eyes, crossing their arms and began to relax their bodies completely...