Chapter 2

Bellamy's POV

She was the first girl who hadn't been smitten over me the first time we met. I couldn't get her out of my mind, and I didn't know why. I wanted to shrug her off, but I didn't know how. The look in her eyes when she spoke, was a mixture of passion and hurt. Why? Oh well, I thought to myself, none of my business. I decided that my time was spent better with people who wanted to be around me, so I decided to meet up with Harper and Raven at after school.

We met up at the local café, and I ordered us all hot chocolate, on me of course.

We chose ourselves a booth, both girls either side of me, inching closer every time I cracked a joke. I wasn't sure why, but this time I wasn't happy or excited, I didn't know how to feel about these girls, they were just coming on too easy.

I was about to get up and leave when she walked through the door. I noticed her wild blonde curls, and blue eyes like ice. With a flick of her hair, she got her hot chocolate half price. I was impressed. Maybe we weren't so different after all.

"Hey girls," I began, getting their attention.

"Yes Bellamy?" They said in unison.

I fixed my eyes on her back, which was facing me from her table. She was bent over, drawing in her sketchbook.

"What can you tell me about her?" I nodded my head in the direction I was looking.

Raven cocked her head over and peeked past me, "Who, Clarke?"

"Clarke." I repeated, smiling to myself. What a pretty name.

"What do you want to know about her?" Harper asked, "You don't like her, do you?" She brushed her leg up mine.

"Uh, no, actually. I've only talked to her once. I don't think she likes me."

"That's so silly!" Harper exclaimed, sending both girls into a giggle fit.

I ignored them both and kept my gaze on Clarke.

Clarke's POV

I could feel eyes burning into my back. I didn't take kindly to people staring at me, so I decided to turn around and give them a piece of my mind.

As I did, I locked eyes with Bellamy.

He had Harper and Raven all over him, so why was he looking at me?

I did my best to give him my best glare, but he returned it with a smirk. I felt my cheeks burn a deep red, only turning his smirk into a grin. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my sketchbook, continuing my drawing for art class. We had to imagine ourselves in one of our favourite childhood storybooks. I had chosen Cinderella as my dad read it to me every night before he left.

I didn't notice that Harper and Raven were leaving until Raven skipped over to my table, leaned over and whispered to me "Now, you stay away from Bellamy ok? He's mine."

I scoffed, "Didn't even need to mention it. He's not my type."

"Be sure to keep it that way." Her eyes glared at me, but she gave me her sweetest smile when she saw Bellamy walking over.

"Harper's giving me a ride, see you tomorrow!" She practically threw herself on his, whipping her arms around his neck. He held her waist, in a hug, as she drew her hands down his chest. It was obvious that she wanted the hug to go further and for longer, but he let her go.

"Bye, Raven." She gave him a flirty giggle and left with Harper.

We looked out the window at the same time, it had started pouring with rain. I sighed, I had walked here.
Bellamy must have noticed my facial expressions. "You need a ride?" He glanced down at my sketchbook. "Cinderella?"
I shuffled my feet, "Uh, yeah, it's for my art class assignment."
"Princess Clarke. Hm, I like it." He smiled to himself.
"Whatever, I can walk." I rolled my eyes and picked up my things, I turned to the door, but Bellamy grabbed my arm.
"I'm sorry, seriously though, I'll take you home."
I looked down at my drawings, and not wanting them to be smudged, I accepted.
We walked out to his car and he held the passenger side door open for me.
"Thanks," I muttered.
"Anytime.. Princess."
I groaned and I could feel him smiling to himself.