𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 → 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Reaching down to grab the item, he observed it in his hand. It had a silver band and was crowned with a small gem that Louis thought hardly cost much. However, it looked nicked and slightly scratched as if it had been worn out to its limit. It had been cared for enough that it wasn't dirty but worn enough that it was visible. 

This was a ring that had been cared for, a ring that had been held dear. Louis held it tight in his palm as he tried to re-enter the tea shop but stopped himself. The bus hadn't left yet, but the moment he headed for it, it began to move, and Louis was left with the ring in his hand - not the rightful owner's. 

He turned back, disappointed, but with a sense of determination for an odd reason. There was something to this, he just didn't know.  

" Piano man!" A cheery voice called out as he entered. 

" Liv, hey." He wasn't fully present, trying to focus on what happened. " Did you see that or was I an idiot?" 

" No," Flora sighed from behind him on the couch. " we saw that. You weren't hallucinating." 

" Who was that?" 

" I have no clue!" Lively's preppy voice said otherwise. 

Louis glanced over to the group - Wright, Will and Flora - and they all gave her a look I've seen too much. The look of: what?

" B-But you were just talking to her?" 

" I literally saw you stand there for like five minutes." 

" Liv, honey, are you sure you didn't hit your head?" 

" No." Lively groaned. " I did not hit my head, it was more like six minutes and yes, Wright, I have eyes and a memory; I know I was talking to her. I didn't get her name, however. She sure left in a rush." She chuckled, looking at Louis. " But, I do know she is like moi.

" Like you?" The boy ran around the couch and planted himself next to Wright on the couch, placing his skateboard on the ground next to him. 

" From the States. She's new here! I think she's heading somewhere in the area for school when it starts, but she seems like a cool girl. She must not know about European culture much because she left me a pretty sweet tip back there." 

" Did she wear a ring?" 

The group turned to Louis and gave him questioning looks. 

Lively tilted her head, eyes curious, " How'd you know that?"

" Was it tiny and had a silver band?" 

" Yes! Do you have a secret talent for fortune-telling we don't know about?" 

Flora chuckled, " If he did, he would have been here on time.

Never getting any with it. Never. 

" No, I'm not, but she, however she is, dropped this." Louis handed the ring that was held in his palm into Lively's and she examined it. She confirmed Louis' suspicion and the clocks began turning into his head.

" She kept twisting it on her finger, that's how I noticed." 

Louis ran his finger over the ring, feeling it's texture, " Do you know if she'll come back? I can tell she really liked it." 

" I don't think she'll even remember Lively's name, in all reality. Especially if she's new. No offense, Liv." Will spoke up and returned to his novel. 

" Aw." She pouted. " I hope she does. I know she will." 

Lively quickly jotted down their orders, in hopes that she wouldn't get into trouble for talking on the job, and zipped away into the back to begin prepping their food.