Chapter 12: For Some Peace and Quiet

Start from the beginning

Only the sight of her haori past the door could be seen as Kocho sprinted out of the estate. Your eyes followed her as she went.

The Kakushi who were done with transporting the Slayers moved out to follow Kocho once more. You had almost began to follow when Tsuyuri had appeared at the doorway. Her hand was outstretched to stop you.

That was right, as much as you had trained with Uzui and her, you had no skills or even a Nichirin blade. Kocho had explained to you the process of becoming a part of the Demon Slayer Corps back when Uzui raced you to the estate. Without the status or ranking in the corps, or even owning Nichirin blades of your own. You had no means to go out there right now.

It wasn't a tough decision, watching as Tsuyuri sprinted off after Kocho. As you had become more comfortable (or desensitized) to the sight of blood and really serious and grotesque injuries. You were still afraid of inflicting wounds. You still struggled with injecting medicine through needles or stitching and closing up deep cuts.

Forgoing the sigh that wanted to escape your lips, you quickly make your way back to finishing up with the remaining Demon Slayers.

You and Aoi had moved to another ward, this one had only a few remaining Slayers in it. The two of you had decided that any other injured Slayers were to be brought into this room. As the other one was filled with the others. The Slayers in this room would only be here until nightfall as they weren't with the crowd that had arrived earlier.

The day continued on with you and Aoi constantly checking into the ward. Making sure that they were well rested and healing. At some point, the both of you concluded that you only needed to check in on them once every few hours. This meant that you could finally take a break.

Sitting down, you, Aoi and the three little butterfly girls had sat down to eat a late dinner. "It'll take them at least a week or two before they recover." You nodded to her words. "The worst cases will take at least a month.

It was then that a Kakushi rushed in all panicked, calling out for you and Aoi.

"Oh for the love of-!" You cut yourself off, almost slamming your chopsticks onto the table before running out the room. You gestured to the Kakushi to follow you to the almost empty ward. As you arrived you watched as they placed only a handful of Slayers into separate beds. You wanted a break, yes you enjoyed helping those in need. Feeling yourself being useful ever since you got into this universe, but the first batch of slayers took up a lot of time and you just wanted a break.

There wasn't as much as from the first wave that was brought in, but the severity of the damage was the same.

Your eyebrows rose at the sight of the bright yellow hair peaking out from one of the bandaged patients. Never forgetting that you were a part of a manga/anime universe, the sight of the out-of-place hair gave you goosebumps. This must be one of the main or supporting characters. You eyes almost bugged out at the sight of the next guy they brought in. It wasn't the blood that was soaking through the rushed bandages that got to you. It was the dead boar eyes on the mask that he was wearing.

This meant that, whatever was happening where Kocho-sensei and Tsuyuri went had to do with the plot.

Standing at the side of the room, you took a deep breath to calm your rapidly beating heart. Aoi had already left the room to you to check in with the earlier admitted Slayers. Not letting these new thoughts intrude, you still had to make sure they would be able to survive through the night.

The blond one seemed to already have the ointment from Kocho-sensei, so he could wait. The one with the boar head however...

To assess the full damage you removed the mask, doing your best not to ogle at his surprisingly handsome face, and instead running a diagnostic. Aside from his severely broken ribs, his larynx was crushed and throat was bruised. The most you could do was feed him antibiotics and medicine, he would have to wait weeks until he was healed enough to start training again.