"Yes.. But not in the same way."

Dad make a "i see" sound and continued asking.

"You know what's on my mind?"

I shook my head. Dad sliced a piece of his bacon and put some on my plate. I just gaped at him—waiting for what he is about to do.

"You always love bacon, right?" He asked. That only added in my confusion.

"Yes! ever since."

Then dad start taking the eggs that was placed on my plate. I immediately stopped him.

"I want that too!" I said hastily and eats the eggs on my plate.

Dad laughed at me with a triumph smile on his face.

"What?" I asked him as I chew my food.

"Do you really want me to state the obvious, Hun?"

"I just don't want to jump into wrong conclusions." I took the glass of my juice and sip a little.

My father crossed his arms and throw me a blank stare before speaking up.

"When you were a child, you always love bacon. I can clearly remember how you would bug your mom to cook it to you everyday." He says matter-of-factly. "And then at some time, when you found out that egg is a good source of protein, iron, vitamin D, B12, and calcium, you also asked your Mom to cook it for you everyday right?"

Yea, that's right.

Dad didn't wait for my answer as he continued. "That's the two things you want to keep with you everyday. But now, It's between the one you love and the one who is dearly important to you. But haven't you realized that the one you love is also dearly important to you? and the one who is dearly important to you is the one you love at some point?"

I was about to protest but Dad raised his hand in the midair.

"I'm not questioning one's importance to you, Kristen. I just want you to realized that whatever you choose, you will get two people freed from lies, and two people hurting. You know why? because they are not just mere bacon and eggs that you usually have for breakfast. They are humans with feelings—you can never tell them to stop feeling just to make it easier for you to choose."

I fell into silence upon hearing that. Surely, Dad knows how to strike the center of all things—bulls eye.

Yea..He's right! I might save one but not for too long. I'll just gonna break them both but in the end, I can always fix them.

"Dad?"

"Yes, Hun?"

I meet his gaze and gave him my sincerest smile.

"I don't know if I'm ready to do the right thing." I said lamely.

"Take all the time you need." He said reassuringly. "But Hun, please be reminded that time is the greatest cheater of all. I just hope that you have made the right thing before things decided to fucked up and wrapped you up with all it's shits."

I stood up in my chair and gave him a bear hug. He really is my savior.

"I love you, Dad! Thank you."

"I love you too,honey."he replied.

****

I was staring at Rain's pretty face as she chats with Gray and Dawn. We were inside the cafeteria.

I'm still thinking if I should tell her or not. But resort into buying time first. Maybe I should talk with Mandy first before taking into action. Maybe I could still convince her to tell the truth to Rain before I act in between.