the next ten years

Over the next few days and months they took turns looking after Harry. Just as Voldemort had said. They couldn't interact with the world around them. Unless it had been touched by chakra or magic. Nor could they be seen by those without magic. They had learned so when a man in a woman's dress robe had asked for directions. They had apologized, saying that they were new to the area. The old wizard had been very kind. He went on his way without much fuss.

The worst part of their life was the Dursleys. Even if the three couldn't see them, they never failed to put Naruto and Voldemort in a bad mood. The first time they had met Petunia, she had put Harry in her son's old bath water. It was too cold and the wrong color. A disgusting Brown. Voldemort was able to to warm up the water, and clean it too. But it only made it worse for Harry. She had started yelling about how he was a freak. She had hit the one year old over the head, and if it wasn't for Kyubi Harry would have had brain damage. Vernon Dursley had come storming in. His face a dark purple. He started yelling at the babe, who was crying at the pain of the blow and being yelled at. Vernon had picked up the child with one hand around there child's arm and threw him in the cupboard. Naruto didn't want to think about what would've happened without kyuubi, and had thanked the fox extensively after word. The only good thing about the incident was it lead to a better relationship between container and demon.

Voldemort wasn't sure how the boy survived that incident. But he knew it had to do with Naruto. Somehow the girl healed the boy. He wanted to know how, but first to deal with Harry.

Needless to say Naruto and Voldemort did not care for the Dursleys. They both had several flashbacks to their childhoods. The glares. Being called a freak or demon. The beatings that would happen. Of course neither knew the other was going the same thing. But they both knew the other was angry. Naruto knew that she wouldn't be able to handle anymore of the Dursleys hurting Harry.

Speaking of which, he was the best part. Naruto just couldn't help but coo at Harry's cuteness. Even Voldemort had thought he was adorable. What surprised both was the level of intelligence in the boy. He had looked at them the first morning and asked: "were mama, an dada?" Naruto and Voldemort had been blown away by how smart the little tike was.

"Mama and daddy have gone out for a bit." Naruto told him. Voldemort stared at her. "They asked us to look after you?"

The babe had furrowed his brows. "unca pafu? Unca moonee?" Naruto shook her head. With a stab of sadness at not being able to save Sirius, who was surely in prison, Remus was probably drowning in guilt.

Voldemort took over for Naruto. "They're out as well."

Harry nodded sadly, looking down with tears in his eyes. Naruto swept the boy up in her arms. "Hey, we're here. I'm auntie...kitsun, and that" she pointed at Voldemort, "is uncle..." She looked at the man unsure what to call him.

He sighed. "Tom."

She smiled and looked down at Harry. "Uncle Tom."

The babe babbled happily. "Anta kit, unca tom!"

"Tom?" Naruto asked. Looking at the man. He shifted.

"Yes, it was my...father's name. I never really cared for it."

Naruto smiled. "I like it. I've never met a 'tom'. It sounds kinda funny, but cute."

Voldemort, or Tom, stared at the girl. "It's a very common name here."

Naruto shrugged. "Still like it."

...

As Harry grew up, it was hard not to notice that his aunt Kitsun and uncle Tom couldn't be seen by others. Or couldn't touch or be touched. Except he could. He could give his aunt hugs, which she gave the best. His uncle could pat his head.