Chapter 2- Not At Home

Ahsoka opened her eyes. Her head was pounding, and all she could see was darkness.

It took her a couple of minutes for everything to come back to her, and for her to realize she was laying on the ground, flat on her back.

She and Grogu had been sucked into a mysterious portal by the Evil Force that had attacked them through the World Between Worlds. She had gone into that timeless place seeking answers to the darkness that had been on her mind for some weeks past, but it had backfired, and now she was stuck here...

Where was here exactly?

Ahsoka sat up, putting pressure on her throbbing temple. She was sitting in the middle of a grassy area in the woods. It was dark. She guessed night had fallen.

Her lightsabers were still by her sides, but Grogu was not. She could not sense his presence anywhere near her, yet faintly she could still feel him. He was on this planet, at the very least.

The feel of the Force here was different from what Ahsoka had felt on other worlds. She couldn't explain it, but the feel of the Force as a whole from her own galaxy was different from this. It was stronger and more concentrated here.

Ahsoka got to her feet. For starters, the first thing she needed to do was find Grogu, and then figure out where they were, and why they were here.

Were they meant to come here for a reason, or had it been the will of some darker power?

Ahsoka didn't know. All she knew was she needed to get moving. She felt for her lightsabers in the dark, and thankfully they both were still by her sides. The communication buttons on the gauntlet of her right arm didn't seem to be working. The controls for her connections to her ship and other transmissions seemed to have lost all power.

Maybe she really was in another galaxy.

In her brief moment of distraction, Ahsoka almost didn't sense the arrow that just whizzed by her head and struck the tree next to her.

Instinctively her hands went to her lightsabers on her hip and she ignited them.

There were dozens of something out there, Ahsoka could sense. They had her surrounded in the pitch darkness of the night while her mind was occupied and her heart was distraught over the loss of Grogu.

"Show yourself," she whispered.

She was answered with another volley of arrows, but this time she was prepared as she batted them away like flies using her lightsabers.

Ahsoka was outnumbered, which meant in this case she was going to have to outsmart whoever her opponents were.

The darkness would be her ally.

Pulling up her hood, she turned off her sabers and let the Force surround her. She slid into the shadows, and disappeared into the trees.

She could hear one of the creatures stepping closer.

"Where do you think it went, Durnash?" came an ugly voice that sounded more like a snarl.

"I-I don't know Gurtz, but whatever it was–"

"Don't tell me you're scared of that!"

"You're not?!"

Ahsoka leapt out from behind a tree, taking the two creatures by surprise. She slashed their metal swords in half and Force-pushed them into two nearby trees.

She heard wild screams and shrieks that sounded more animal than human.

In the darkness, a throng of arrows flew straight towards her face, but Ahsoka had had plenty of practice deflecting blaster bolts during her time in the Grand Army of the Republic and the Rebellion. Arrows were nothing to her.