𝟎𝟗. 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆.

Start from the beginning

"I am Doctor Laurel by name. I am the lead surgeon for your husband's surgery." The doctor introduced herself.

And we nodded in response.

"How did the surgery go?" My mother shakily asked the female doctor, whom was seated right in front of us.

"Mr Smith, who happens to be your husband, suffered concussion together with shoulder and chest injuries, and he also had a few broken ribs. He was at a critical stage while the surgery was ongoing but be rest assured, it went well." It was such a relief to hear such words come out of her lips.

"That's such a relief." My mom spoke with a small smile evident on her face.

"Mr Smith is unconscious in his ward right now, and when you leave, one of the nurses will take you to him." She smiled at us.

"Thank you so much doctor." I said to her with a smile.

"You are very much welcome, and please ma'am, take good care of yourself, seeing as you suffered a few injuries too." My mom nodded in response.

"She will, I'll make sure of it." I replied, taking a look at my mom.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡

After we had left the doctors' office, a kind nurse walked us to my father's ward. As I took unrushed footsteps, I was mentally unprepared to see him.

My mom exhaled deeply as the nurse opened the door, and we walked right in. Tears filled up my eyes almost immediately at the sight of my loving father.

There he was, laying on the bed helpless, tubes connected to his weakened body, an oxygen mask attached to his face, a cast on his neck and several bandages wrapped around his wounded areas.

All in all, it was a terrifying sight.

Mother gently took hold of his right hand, rubbing it softly. "Please, Love, stay strong for me." My mom whispered. I am very anxious about her welfare.

There was so little I could do, other than to comfort my mother.  A few tears did come out of her eyes, but she was quick to wipe it off, saying it was just a trial from God.

I couldn't help but think back to Tyler and I. I wondered if it was Tyler lying here, would I be as broken as my mom?

Yes maybe, if he had not carried out his unethical behavior. It was quite heartbreaking.

A lot of questions ran through my mind.

Then it occurred to me, Tyler did mention—not once or twice saying he was going to hurt my family. Could this be his handiwork?

My heart sank. I never imagined he was going to stoop so low to carry out his threats. I knew his threats was not an empty threat but still, I was not expecting this at all.

How could he?

He preyed on me, and left me broken to the core.

I heard a knock on the door, I turned to see the door opened. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. There he was, standing, looking all glamorous like he owned the place.