In the living room

Akutagawa opens the door to his flat Atsushi slung over his shoulder, he walks into the living room and rests Atsushi on the couch.  Akutagawa sits down at Atsushi's feet staring at him for a moment before he gets up.

"Sleep well Jinko." Akutagawa whispers before he walks into another room to sleep.

~Time skip to that morning~

Atsushi opens his eyes trying to adjust to the light streaming through the crack in the curtains.  He looks around wearily having no clue where he is trying to remember the events of the previous night.  Oh right he ran into Akutagawa and now he's in someone's living room?  Was this where Akutagawa lived?  No, why would he even bother bringing Atsushi here?

Atsushi hears light snoring from the other room and decides to be as quiet as possible.  He gets up from the sofa making his way to the kitchen so he can search the fridge for food.  Thankfully there's a good amount of food.  Atsushi settles on a small bowl of grapes and some yogurt.

He sits back down on the sofa placing the bowl on the coffee table and begins eating the yogurt.  After a couple of minutes he heard a creak Atsushi whips around and stares directly at Akutagawa who's staring back.

"Oh right I forgot..." Akutagawa's sentence trails off, he makes his way to the kitchen and opens a cupboard. 

Akutagawa pulls out two pieces of bread and sticks them in the toaster before making his way over to Atsushi.  He sits down on the sofa beside Atsushi and puts his hand into the bowl of grapes on the coffee table.  Atsushi glances at him as he plops a few grapes into his mouth.

"Why am I here?" Atsushi asks staring at Akutagawa warily

"Well if Dazai had happened to find out we'd run into each other and that I'd just left you in the street I doubt he'd be very pleased." Akutagawa says placing the bowl of grapes back on the coffee table

"Of course it has something to do with Dazai." Atsushi says with a hint of sarcasm

Ding

Akutagawa gets up from his spot on the couch and makes his way to the toaster.  He pulls out the two pieces of toast and smears some butter and jam on the two pieces.

Atsushi stares for a moment before speaking "You honestly don't seem like someone who would like jam on toast."

"Oh?" Akutagawa says simply picking up the plate and walking back over to Atsushi before sitting down with his toast.

Atsushi puts a spoon full of yogurt into his mouth watching Akutagawa with a curious look on his face.

"Jinko..." Akutagawa says looking up at Atsushi

"Yes?" Atsushi responds curious as to what Akutagawa is about to say

"What was with your odd reaction last night?" Akutagawa says looking down and taking a bite of his toast

"Oh... I was just really tired, you know?" Atsushi says sounding ashamed and not very convincing

"I doubt that." Akutagawa responds taking the final bite of his first piece of toast

Atsushi takes a heavy sigh before speaking "Do you remember that last mission we took, the one against Fuyuko?" Akutagawa nods, showing that he remembers.  Atsushi continues.

"Well after that mission before I was able to make it home I apparently collapsed, next thing I know I'm waking up surrounded by almost the entire agency." Atsushi pauses fiddling with his hands

"Apparently Fuyukos's ability allows here to take others abilities it does seem like it takes a little time to set in though..." Atsushi says looking up to stare at Akutagawa

"So did she...?" Akutagawa questions not quite getting the words out but Atsushi understands his meaning nonetheless.

"Yes it seems she did... Dazai says there is a chance I'll never get it back..." Atsushi says the reality of it all finally sinking in as tears well up in his eyes.

Akutagawa stares not knowing what to do.  The weretiger lost his ability?  And Dazai says he might not get it back?  And now the weretiger is sitting in his living room close to tears.  Akutagawa doesn't know how to be very comforting but he still puts out his hand.

Atsushi looks up a single tear making its way down his cheek as he feels a hand on his.  Was Akutagawa trying to comfort him?  Atsushi let's put a little laugh which leaves Akutagawa staring in confusion.

"Thank you." Atsushi says simply staring into Akutagawa's eyes.  It was only for a moment but it looked like Akutagawa's eyes softened just a bit.

~Time skip~

Atsushi puts on his shoe pausing for a moment before speaking.

"Can I visit again?" Atsushi says, looking up at Akutagawa before hurriedly looking down again.

"Do as you please tiger." Akutagawa says watching Atsushi turn and leave.  He stares at the closed door for a few moments before letting out a sigh and retreating back into his home.

I know this was shorter than last time and I do apologize for that, however finals have been a pain and unfortunately I ended up getting sick so I've spent lots more time doing one of three things: sleeping, slouched over a desk taking a test or studying.  Also I know it was Mother's Day yesterday so happy Mother's Day!