"do you remember this?"

it used to be the song they all liked.

"promise we're all going to be friends forever." renjun lifted his pinky and looked at all of them sat in a circle.

jeno scoffed. "how are we all going to pinky promise?"

"just raise your pinky it'll work the same," he dismissed. "we're always going to be there for each other even if we drift away sometime in the future, promise?"

the boys, and girl, all raised their pinkies.

a small smile appeared on hyerin's face but as she came back to reality it slowly faded away.

"what happened to us...?" she heard renjun whisper ever so quietly.

shortly thereafter, jaemin pulled up into renjun's parents' garage and each of them brought items inside the house.

the party had already started and there was a decent number of people inside already with some music playing on speakers, too.

chenle was sat in the living room on his phone and jeno was looking through some CDs. jisung was no where to be found but hyerin was grateful donghyuck wasn't around just then.

"is hyuck showing up?" jaemin asked to the other guys.

"uh, yeah, he's just with gina," jeno replied.

chenle took the box of drinks from hyerin's hands. "hey."

"hey, chenle."

"you look nice." he gave her a sweet smile then walked off to the kitchen.

her attention fell onto jeno who, when he found her looking at him, looked back at the CDs.

"are you just going to stand there?" renjun raised s brow with a teasing smile.

"no. i'm going to go to the bathroom." she hopped up the stairs and went to open the bathroom door but it was locked so she knocked.

"i'll be out in a second!"

jisung's voice.

patiently, hyerin stood against the wall by the door then when it unlocked she leaned off and got a good look at him.

it was the first time in two years she'd been so close to him and he'd changed – a lot. he was significantly taller, despite being the youngest he was the tallest, and his voice was also the deepest, too.

"hey, jisung." a big smile fell onto her lips seeing him in front of her.

without a warning, he pulled her into him for a hug and a tight one at that.

"thank you for coming. we missed you."

then, he walked off.

she was more confused by his words than any thing else.

time passed and the house got more packed with people. gina arrived and donghyuck's other friends too. hyerin wasn't necessarily keeping an eye out for them but they were in the same room so she could see him from where she was.

"hey!"

it was jaemin who's come to check up on her.

"you don't seem to be too good? everything ok?" he worried.

she nodded.

"come with me. spend some time with me." he led her outside to get some fresh air.

"why did you guys invite me here?" she asked.

"why not?" he shrugged.

"... because you guys haven't paid any attention to me for the past two years and now all of a sudden this?"

jaemin sighed and raked a hand through his hair. "i'm sorry... hyuck is..." he didn't even know how to finish the sentence. "i can't put all the blame on him because it's not like we reached out but..."

"why did you guys leave?"

just before he could answer the question, there was commotion from the inside and what sounded like glass breaking which was not a sound you'd want to hear.

immediately, jaemin sprinted indoors because he had a feeling he knew who'd caused it. he shoved his way through the people crowded around the scene and hyerin was right behind him.

"donghyuck, that's enough come on."

a very calm jaemin was holding an enraged donghyuck from throwing his balled fists at a guy while a blue and white vase laid in shards on the floor.

"pussy."

and that was enough to make donghyuck spin around and launch himself at the guy again.

hyerin stood at the front watching the event unfold.

the crowd got a little more violent and before anything else could happen, someone shoved their way through and did it so harshly that hyerin lost her balance and landed on the floor.

her hand landed onto one of the glass shards.

she let out a yelp which got the attention of jisung who rushed over.

"are you ok?" he worried.

she raised her hand now slowly dripping with blood.

he muttered a curse word under his breath before pulling her off the floor and out the crowd into the kitchen. not knowing what else to do, the kid grabbed kitchen roll and started to wrap it around her hand.

they went back to the scene that had calmed down and jisung shoved his way to his friends.

"one of you needs to drive hyerin to the hospital. she's cut her hand open on the glass," he announced.

jaemin looked at hyerin standing behind him and saw her hand bandaged up with kitchen roll but the blood had already soaked through.

immediately, he grabbed her good hand and led her out the door.

renjun followed when he noticed how serious the situation was leaving the other four behind.

"we should call this party off," chenle suggested.

jeno agreed but between them, donghyuck grabbed his jacket and made a beeline for the door leaving the three guys to look between each other in confusion.

<3
feeling very tired these days so i won't be updating my stuff as frequently i'm sorry /: