"You okay?" I asked.

Mattheo jumped. It was as if he hadn't noticed me at all. "I'm tired."

"That's not what I meant. Last night. What –"

"Please don't Lyra."

I sighed. "Seriously Riddle? You use me as a shoulder to cry on and then just blow me off again?"

"I told you that you could hate me tomorrow."

I scoffed. "I don't hate you. I never hated you."

He flinched, turning away. "What?"

"I never hated you. I was just fucking frustrated with you. I still am."

"Ms. Black?" a small voice asked.

My head shot to the front of the group where a small First Year stood. I moved forward. "Yeah kiddo?"

"P-Professor Moody wants you i-in his office," they told me before quickly turning away and scurrying off in the opposite direction.

"Is everyone scared of you?" Blaise asked.

"Apparently. I'll meet you guys in the Hall. The mad Professor wants me." I started towards the DADA classroom.

"Be careful. I don't like that guy!" Theo shouted after me.

"I'm always careful!"

"Yeah fucking right," Theo muttered but it was still close enough that I could hear it. I smiled to myself.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

When I entered the DADA classroom, I didn't see the unmistakable figure of Mad-Eye Moody. Instead, there was another student there, their head turned away from me.

"Is this a group thing?" I asked them.

Kenneth turned to face me, his expression soft. "Lyra."

"What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you."

"But the kid said Moody was looking for me."

"You'd be surprised what a First Year would do for cheat notes."

I let out a light laugh, shaking my head at the Gryffindor. "Why am I here Kenneth? I'm supposed to be learning how to dance."

"Well why learn how to dance if you have no one to dance with?"

I passed him a confused expression. "What?"

"Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" he asked.

My eyes widened, watching him fidget in his spot. "You want me to... go to the Yule Ball with you? Me?"

He nodded. "Is that so hard to believe?"

"Yes. You're too good and I'm..."

"Better?"

I gave him a pointed look, shaking my head at his antics. Mattheo's words came to mind. "He's a good guy and he seems to really like you, so don't let the fact that he's not as fucked up as us Slytherins are as an excuse not to let yourself fall for him."

"So?" he asked. "Will you, Lyra Black, go to the Yule Ball with me?"

I nodded, giving him a smile. "Yes. I will."

Kenneth's face broke out into a smile as he rushed forward to engulf me in a hug. He spun me around, causing me to giggle at his childishness. Placing me down on the ground, Kenneth kissed me lightly.

Fighting Fate // Mattheo Riddle ♣️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें