Chapter Sixteen - Family

Start from the beginning

"So, you've been hiding here this entire time?" I asked my father, sitting down beside the fireplace.

Sirius had taken his position sprawled across a long couch as he answered. Moony was sat properly in a one-person armchair.

"The location wasn't known to many people outside the family and anyone that did is dead. Myself and Regulus, my brother, were the only ones that actually lived here. He died shortly after you were born." His expression turned solemn as he continued. "And so we decided that it was the last place the Ministry would look."

"Because it's too obvious and they wouldn't even try to search for it because of that." Moony added.

"And who came up with that clever idea?" I asked them. Remus raised his hand.

"It's the best hiding place for me. The house uses an –"

"Unplottable charm?" I asked. "It's the most logical option. I would assume the entire building is packed to the brim with anti-detection charms too."

Sirius smiled, looking back to Moony. "You meant it."

"Meant what?"

"That my daughter was smart."

"I don't like to brag," I started, leaning back on my hands, "but yes, I am, but only when the occasion calls for it."

"She was top of Defence Against the Dark Arts for Second and Third Year," Lupin explained.

"What happened in First Year?" he asked sarcastically but the smile on his face told me that he didn't really care what happened that year. I, on the other hand, was still quite bitter about it.

"The teacher hated my guts. I was quite happy to find out that he was leaving after myself and Harry tried to kill him."

"You answered a question wrong," Lupin corrected me.

My head shot to him. "I did not! The question specifically said to state the properties of unicorn horns." I answered.

"Are you sure it didn't say blood?"

"It said horns."

Sirius laughed lightly. "You've put up with this for fourteen years?" he asked the werewolf.

"Hey!" I cut in.

"I'm kidding. Swear," my father defended.

"That mistake would have never happened in Potion's Little Miss Advanced." Remus spoke.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "It's a class."

"What's this?" My father joined the topic.

"I got into the Advanced Potion's class last year. It's just an extra class I do every Thursday," I explained to him.

"Isn't that purely for students over Fifth Year?" he asked in response.

"Yes. Oh, and Moony, while I have you, I've got a question about Wolfsbane." I turned to my uncle.

"Hold on! Hold on!" My father stopped us. "My daughter, got into an Advanced class that only accepts students over Fifth Year?"

"Yes. She did." Moony beamed.

"It's not that big of a deal," I added.

"Not that big?" My father slid off the couch. "My daughter is a genius." Wrapping his arms around me, he pulled me against his side. "I created perfection." His eyes were on the ceiling.

Moony and I laughed at his antics. "I'm far from perfect." Sirius' face turned back to me.

"You're perfect to me," he whispered, nudging his head against mine.