Chapter 2

September 26th, 2021
Jelez Елец, Russia

"Soldier, stand up," a strict voice ordered. A young woman stood up straight, her hands grabbing her elbows behind her back. Her eyes were fixed on one point and her long brown hair was pulled into a tight bun.

"Follow," ordered the man. The woman did as told, followed by a big black animal. Together they entered the training room.

"Now your training as an assassin will start, Dark Angel. Failure will not be tolerated," he stated sternly. After that, it all began. Fighting, shooting, spying. They did everything.

Every day the woman discovered new abilities, new ways of using her powers.

June 12th, 2023
Jelez Елец, Russia

Everything seemed normal. She stood up, got dressed, took her dog and went for training. As she entered the room, a radio was playing music. It was an old song, but the beat was unmistakable. It was one of her favorite songs before she was kidnapped. Suddenly, pictures floated her mind and all the things came back. Everything they tried to erase was there again. She remembered how she was dancing through the kitchen, how she painted the walls of her room. She remembered her life before all of this happened. The people that took her tried to change her, but they failed at the software. Now Luisa remembered who she was but that was not the only thing the music released. A small breeze hit her bare back and it felt like waterdrops were running down her spine. Disorientated, Luisa turned around to look at her reflection in the windows. Behind her were big black shadows. They seemed to be attached to her back because no matter how she turned, they moved with her.

A door swung open and her supervisor entered the room, followed by Doctor Davidson and Sergeant Barnes. Knowing that Barnes and her supervisor would attack her if they knew about her regained memories, she suppressed them and only acknowledged the strange shadows.

"Dark Angel," her supervisor said. Luisa turned to face him; her eyes filled with tears. She was now feeling the pain of torn skin between her shoulder blades.

"It hurts," she stated blankly, trying not to show any reasons for her to get punished.

"It seems like it. What did trigger it?" asked the doctor, watching her intensely. Her eyes fell on the still playing radio.

"Can you stretch them?" Barnes asked. Slowly Luisa started to move whatever was now a part of her. In the reflection of their eyes, she could see a pair of wide black wings, blood dripping from the tips of the feathers.

"Wow. They are..." started Davidson.

"beautiful." Barnes finished the sentence, a sparkle in his eyes. A tickle on the tip of one of the wings made Luisa aware of the presence of her dog. Folding her wings together again, she kneeled down to pet Chase lovingly. This was the only thing that never changed. She loved her dog and never got a different relationship with him, even though they both had changed.

January 5th, 2025
Jelez Елец, Russia

Time went by and Luisa started regaining some of the character traits she had before. To her discomfort, it was showing off. There always were feathers appearing that were not black anymore. It had started with a deep shade of grey and was now turning into single white feathers. Once a week, the woman had to pick them out and left blood dripping down her wings.

Today, she had to do it again, stuffing the feathers in chase's pillow next to her bed in the rarely furnished concrete room. The door opened, relieving the Winter-Soldier with his metal arm.

"Come with me, Dark Angel. We have a new mission," he stated, leaning against the doorframe.

"Also, you may hide all the feathers. Someone could notice and you have a problem then." Luisa looked under the bed and saw a remaining feather. After snatching it and stuffing it into her pillow, she followed the man.