PROLOGUE #3

[ Third Person POV ]

Within a blink of an eye, (Y/N) could see the Pomefiore Dormitory right in front of her. The building had an elegant and rich aura around it, which the girl could get used to quickly. She slowly walked towards the gates of the dorm, not without admiring her surroundings, of course. The leaves of most of the trees that had been planted there were all perfectly trimmed, she noted. With the peaceful atmosphere, (Y/N) would have almost forgotten that she would have to face a bunch of strangers while being on guard if the faint sound of people chattering didn't bring her out of her own little world.

She lifted one of her hands to push the gates open. To her surprise and relief, it wasn't locked yet. If it were, she didn't know whether she should cry or laugh. Before heading inside the dorm, she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. 'I suppose it is now or never.' She walked through the hallways to reach the lounge, where she had guessed that it was the place all of the Pomefiore students were at. Surely, she could just blend into the crowd and make sure no one notices her presence.

She ended up not being able to do just that. On the contrary, she managed to attract the attention of the students just as her foot had stepped on the floor of the lounge. They seemed to be enjoying their meals but what caught her attention the most was the sight of Vil Schoenheit scolding someone. It somehow managed to make her forget about the eyes of others that were on her figure. It would've been amusing for the young Crewel if the eyes of the famous influencer and actor didn't shift his gaze to her.

Future her should've traveled back in time to warn her of what was about to come. The next thing she knew was that Vil was heading towards her with eyes that did not seem amused. With a slight frown on his face, he asked, "And why are you late? I expected everyone to be seated in their place before I arrived. Tardiness is a form of imperfection if you must know."

Putting on a smile, (Y/N) decided to just apologize. "My sincerest apology if I had caused any inconvenience, but I needed to meet with some of the staff and discuss personal matters." To end her apology, she bowed slightly. (Y/N) hoped their conversation would finish right there. Don't get her wrong, she didn't find Vil all that intimidating to the point she would want to avoid him at all costs. In fact, she would've enjoyed talking to him since she was a bit of a fan of his. But she just realized how tired she was at that moment and wanted nothing more than to retire for the night.

Vil's expression remained unchanged, perhaps one of his eyes twitched a little or his frown had deepened, the girl couldn't bring herself to care though. Sighing, Vil finally replied, "Fine, I suppose your tardiness could be excused then. However, I expect you to never make the same mistake again. You may now go and take a seat with the others." With that, he went back to scolding the boy from before. The others went back to conversing with each other too.

'Ah...Does that mean I can't sleep yet? Well, at least the attention is not on me anymore.' The girl could only dream about being surrounded by the comforts of her pillows as she walked towards one of the empty seats. As she sat down, one of the students that were sitting next to her began introducing himself and it was only polite of her to do the same as well.

She had to stop herself from letting out a chuckle when she saw the way her new acquaintance's eyes visibly widened after she had said her full name. From his reaction, (Y/N) had guessed this guy was either a second-year or a third-year. The rest of the night went by smoothly without anything special happening to take note of.

With a tired sigh escaping her lips, she decided to lie down on her bed. After whatever threats her father had thrown at Crowley, she was glad to have a room all to herself. Of course, it was smaller than the others but it was alright if she didn't have to share. "My time here probably won't be that bad. As long as I stay out of trouble, everything will be fine," the girl muttered to herself whilst staring at the ceiling. That was all she said before drifting off to her dreamland.