03.

UP IN FLAMES

CHAPTER THREE

        Liv was sprawled out on her bunk of the bunk bed. listening as her people spoke with one another and continued to find this entire mountain situation safe. Liv, on the other hand, didn't. She didn't trust them in the slightest. Hell, even Clarke seemed to be warming up to the idea of staying there. 

        So, she laid there, map in hand as she tried to examine it for any more possible ways out. She could try to get out during the night, take the same route except this time not be caught, not set off alarms, and get out safely. It couldn't be too hard to steal someone's key card, she knew she'd be able to do it.

        Soon enough, though, an alarm above them was sounding, Liv quick to shoot up and hop off of the bunk.

        In front of her was Maya, Jasper, and Clarke, Liv watching in confusion as Maya was beginning to rush off after the alarm sounded.

        She held out her arm, stopping the girl in her tracks before demanding, "What does that mean?"

        Maya, who looked to be in a rush, quickly explained, "It means that surface patrol is back and someone is in need of medical attention."

Liv raised a brow, realizing that they were able to get in and out, yet she wasn't allowed to. Why couldn't she join search patrol for a day? Why wasn't she allowed to leave this god forsaken bunker? All she wanted was to exit the damn mountain and search for her friends. If nothing came up, then maybe she'd be more trusting of the people in Mount Weather. But she has a feeling, deep in her gut, that there was something off about all of them, that they were never going to be truly safe here. That none of them were ever going to be truly safe anywhere.

Maya then brushed her shoulder against Liv's, muttering, "I have to go to quarantine."

Liv slowly took a step forward, glancing behind her toward Clarke, who's eyes were shinning with hope. Lighting up at the thought of someone being found, exactly what Liv was thinking. That maybe while search patrol was out there, maybe they found Raven or Octavia. Maybe they found someone.

A hand soon curled around her bicep, tugging her back as she took a step forward behind Maya.

Jasper's eyes were wide, the boy demanding, "Liv, what do you think you're doing?"

"There was a search patrol," she spoke as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. "They could have found survivors. Survivors like Raven or Octavia who could very well need medical treatment."

Clarke nodded from beside her, stating, "If they're hurt, then we have a right to know."

Clarke then took a step forward along with Liv, Jasper tugging back the second girl once again. Liv rolled her eyes, breaking out of his grip with ease as Jasper informed, "I'm pretty sure we shouldn't be roaming around."

Either way, that didn't stop Liv or Clarke, in fact, it seemed to drive their instinct to get to the infirmary even more. Jasper was now following behind the two girls, knowing that they'll more than likely get themselves into even more trouble if they don't have a babysitter with them. And when he thinks trouble, he means accidentally murdering everyone in the mountain because they want to open the door that leads out of this place.

Soon enough, the three were running down the hallways, the alarm still going off while yellow lights shined along the hallways, guiding their way. People walked from place to place, not thinking anything of the three teenagers running around in a frenzy, dying to see if one of their friends are here.