Prologue

Not long after the Argentum couple had returned to Lucis, the final heir of the Lucian throne was born, the name "Irina Meliora Argentum" soon spreading across the kingdom of Eos. The baby was to be born to the three Imperial nations, nations that had once, not too long ago, been at war with each other for forty-three years prior. With the blood of Niflheim, Tenebaean and Lucian royalty running through her veins, she would be the bridge between the three nations, the sole being that would determine whether the treaties would remain in place or if they would be broken. Moments after Irina had been born, the Oracle of Night watched as her fate had been decided for her, watching as the Gods showed the life of the last Oracle in the history of Eos.

Years after the birth of Irina, Serafina fell ill with an unknown and rather mysterious illness, one that was incurable, leaving Prompto, Gladiolus and Ignis to worry for the health of their queen and leaving doctors to question what could have caused it. Serafina knew that what was making her so ill was a matter of fate, having lived longer than the prophecy and what she expected. She had to make a decision for the future of her legacy, whether she would pass it down or not. Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to a month before she finally came to a decision. After decades of using her power to help others, she passed her moon and sun necklaces down to Irina, allowing her only daughter to carry on that same legacy to help the people of Eos when she grew older.

"My dearest Irina, never forget that I will always love you. It saddens me that we must part, but in my final moments on this Star, I pray that you follow your heart," Sera said as she laid on her deathbed, holding Irina's hands in hers. "I pray that you and your father let sealed doors obscure your fate no more, my dear child. Seek out the King of Tenebrae, your uncle Sebastian. He resides in Fenestala manor and he will help you along the way to following your destiny. Dear child, you are the last Oracle to walk among the people of Eos and you will one day require the trials to be named Oracle." Irina couldn't help but cry, her young mind seeing her mother's death was unfair to her.

"Why must you leave me, Mom?" Irina sobbed as she took the necklace in her hands. "It's not fair!"

"We all must leave at some point, my dear child. I have fulfilled my duties that the Gods have bestowed upon me and more. It's time that I must go and reunite with the ones who had left in my lifetime." Irina sobbed before letting go of her mother's hand. "We shall see each other again someday." And with that, Sera laid back in her bed, looking up at the ceiling as her eyes glowed a little, as if seeing the heavens above. In the next few moments, she took her final breath, leaving her loved ones behind, reuniting with the rest of her family for the final time.