They were still playing dolls when Steve came in fresh from a shower after his run, "Hey pal, how's it going?"

"Papa!" Bucky jumped up to hug him and Wanda blinked in confusion that her friend was suddenly gone.

"How was everything?" Steve asked.

"Good, Bucky builds excellent towers." Nat smiled.

Wanda decided she too wanted a hug and happily went to Nat, exclaiming with excitement like Bucky had as if the woman hadn't been on the couch the entire time, "Mama!"

"Baby!" Nat laughed and pulled her onto her lap for cuddles. They ended up snuggling on the couch and watching The Wizard of Oz that Bucky wanted to stay and watch as well.

——

A couple days later the little's had a run in with each other that rattled them both due to a rather unfortunate series of events.

Bucky had gotten tired while playing on his own and fell asleep, taking his arm off like he usually did to sleep. He woke up not too long later and went in search of Steve to help him put it back on. He made it to Nat and Wanda's living room before he suddenly became tired and laid back down on their couch to wait for Steve.

It was then that Wanda had gotten up from her nap and wandered out in search of Natasha but finding Bucky on the couch first. The little witch shuffled over and lifted the blanket, intent on laying down with him except she stopped short when she saw one of the sleeves of his Thomas the Tank Engine t-shirt was missing an arm.

"Bubby!" Wanda cried out then proceeded to sob. This startled Bucky awake and immediately picking up on Wanda's distress started crying as well. Fortunately, Steve and Nat were on their way back from sparring when they heard the littles kick off into hysterics.

Nat rushed into the living room with Steve hot on her heels finding Wanda and Bucky crying but not immediately being able to determine why. The redhead did the only thing she could and ran to scoop Wanda up and away from the little boy while Steve went to pull Bucky into his lap to console him.

"Sh, sh, sh baby.. What's wrong?" Nat bounced her and kissed the side of her head, "Sh, sh, shh, honey. Can you calm down and tell Mama what happened?"

Through the tears, the woman could make out, "B-bubby es h-hurted-d. His arm-m es h-hurted."

Nat looked over to Steve in concern, "Is he hurt?"

"No, he's fine." The man checked him over, "But he's not wearing his arm. He takes it off sometimes when he gets tired and can't get it back on. He was probably looking for me to help him."

"S-sorry." Bucky sniffled, wiping away his tears.

"That's okay." Nat told him genuinely and breathing a sigh of relief they were both okay, "It's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. Wanda just doesn't understand."

She went back to soothing Wanda, "It's alright, detka. Bubby isn't hurt. He's fine, see?"

Nat slipped and called Bucky the name Wanda called him since she couldn't quite say Bucky or maybe it was because Steve called him bubs. Wanda looked and saw that Steve had helped Bucky put his arm back on and asked, "Bubby nah hurted?"

"No sweetheart," Natasha told her, taking her back near the little boy now that they were both calming down. "Bucky just has one arm, like you know how Zaya only has one ear and she's alright?"

She felt bad comparing the little to a stuffed rabbit but it was a frame of reference she could understand as she continued, "Now he has a neat vibranium arm and he can take it off and it doesn't hurt him. Is it alright if she sees buddy?"