Sisters In Life...And Death

Jennifer Richards, a twenty year old college sophomore, walks into New Quay College's main dorm hall, looking for a place to stay. Jennifer wanders around the busy hallways of Jefferson Hall, looking for any female dorm room that is vacant. She finds nothing. Fixing her long, brunette hair, Jennifer asks Mollie Leonards, the school's oldest professor, if there is anywhere that she can stay. "I'm sorry, Jen, but every room here is booked. You could try some sororities, since you were in Delta Meta Zi, they may let you back", aids Mollie, her voice sounding as brittle as her bones. "Yeah, I guess I could. Thank you", says Jennifer, with a hint of reluctance in her voice, considering that Delta Meta Zi holds horrible memories for her.

At 1pm, Jennifer takes the deep breaths and walks towards the Delta Meta Zi, or DMZ, sorority house, which is rather large and has a white picket fence around it. If you didn't attend New Quay, you would presume it is a large family home. Jennifer knocks on the door, secretly hoping that nobody will answer. But somebody does. "Jennifer? Oh my god, what are you doing here?", asks the auburn haired, olives skinned girl, with excitement and curiosity both lurking in her voice. "Hey, Victoria, is there space here for me? I've reenrolled", asks Jennifer, secretly hoping that Victoria rejects her proposition. "Yes! Of course. In fact, your old room is empty. Come on in!", shrieks Victoria, who seems very excited at her best friend's return. Victoria gather all of the DMZ sisters into the house's large, white, opened panned living area where she announces, "Sisters, today is a great day because Jennifer Richards has returned". The crowd claps, as Victoria also announces that in celebration of Jennifer's return, the DMZ sisters will throw her a welcome back party tonight. Following the slightly cheesy and unnecessary speech, Victoria shows Jennifer to her old room, which is on the third floor of the house. It is bright purple, with red accents. "Thanks, Vic. I know my way from here", says Jennifer, obviously requesting that Victoria leave her alone. Victoria nods, and returns to the living area. Inside her old bedroom, Jennifer finds an old photograph of her family members - Audrey, her mother. Oliver, her father and Holden, her brother- on top of the now dusty dresser, where she used to get dressed every day, happily, and hope that her family is okay and safe. Not anymore. Jennifer turns the photo's face onto the dresser, and she unpacks her bags. While unpacking, Jennifer all of a sudden hears loud pop music coming from downstairs. She exits her bedroom and looks down over the silver railing, onto the living area, where Jennifer realises that Victoria hash tarted the party, forty minutes after Jennifer's return. Jen giggles, as Victoria waves at her from below, and uses hand signals to tell Jennifer to come downstairs and greet everybody, again.

Fredrick Paulson and Connor Hudson, the jocks on campus, greet each other with a manly chest bump. "Hey dude, what's up?", muffles Fredrick, acting macho. Connor seemingly gets sidetracked, looking over Fredrick's shoulder and ignores his best friend's question. "Con? Con? Hello?". "Sorry, what?", asks Connor, obviously not thinking straight. "What the hell were you looking at? It better have been a girl", says Fredrick, slightly aggressively. Connor points to this ombré haired, tanned skinned, beautiful looking girl - Julianna Burton, Jennifer's old friend and Victoria's cousin. Julianna is the leader of the DMZ sorority. "Julianna? Really? That girl is bad news. I heard from Colin that she slept with Dean McCarthy, just to get a B in American History", says Fredrick, trying to snap Connor out of his obviously drunken daze. "Tell you what, I'm gonna make a bet with you", says Connor, who is starting to mumble his words from being so drunk. "I will try and sleep with every DMZ sister before Spring Break", reveals the drunken and possibly high Connor. "Okay, buddy, sure", says Fredrick, sarcastically. "Watch me". Connor shoves Fredrick out of the way, and walks over to Julianna and places his lips upon hers. The sound of Juliann's disgust us heard inside Connor's mouth. She shoves Connor off of her. "Ew, what the hell is wrong with you?! Pervert!", shouts Julianna, angrily,mass he throws her martini in Connor's face. Augustus Carlson, the school's most nerdy and unpopular student overhears Fredrick and Connor's conversation and he decides to man up and confront them. "Hey! How could you disrespect woman like that?!", shouts Augustus, at Fredrick's face. "What did you just say to me? Weasel", shouts Fredrick, angrily in Augustus' face. Fredrick grabs the poor nerd by his shirt and tells Connor to follow him outside the house. They go outside and violently beat up Augustus. Connor plants a very abusive punch in Augustus' side, possibly cracking a rib. Fredrick uses his karate skills to hurt him, as Augustus pleads them to stop hurting him. Fredrick whispers, eerily into Augustus' ear, "Stay out of our business, weasel". Augustus is left, shaking in fear, as he bleeds from his wounds.

Shocked at how sexual and drunk the guests at the party are getting, Jennifer asks Victoria to pull the plug in the party, since she just wants an early night. Victoria refuses. "Come on, Vic. If we don't stop this party now, we will be responsible for so many pregnancies", laughs Jennifer. As soon as Victoria is about to tell all the guests to leave, she and Jennifer hear a piercing female scream coming from one of the upstairs bedrooms. "Grab the baseball bat", says Victoria to Jennifer, thinking that one of her sisters might be getting raped. Victoria and Jennifer race toward the location do the high pitched scream. When they get to the room, which is Jennifer's bedroom, they find something absolutely gut-wrenching. Victoria turns away, in disgust, as Jennifer stares at the dead body, which is that of Georgina Prosaic, a DMZ sister, covered in blood, with her intestines on the floor. Jennifer calls 911, as Victoria instructs all the party guests to leave. Jennifer, who is horrified at what she has discovered, notices that there is a note on Georgina's mutilated corpse that reads, "XOXO". Suddenly, Julianna shouts "I smell smoke". With all of the guests gone, Julianna, Victoria and Jennifer race towards the smoke to discover that it is the letters DMZ burning on the front lawn of the house. Somebody is out to get each and every one of the Delta Meta Zi sorority sisters.