" You may need to brushen up your professional skills though " She smirked and he laughed lightly

" So , How's the case coming up for you ? " He asked

" Why did you threaten me . You know i don't back off . That was a rookie move Dixit " she said now moving to her kitchen to take some water .

" Wether you accept it or not , This case is important to me Teja . And i am going to do whatever it takes for me to win this. I don't care if it's you against me or not "

" fair enough " She said sipping the water and nodded her head thoughtfully.

" But you need to leave now. If someone sees you here , We are both in big trouble. This may look like we both are setlling behind the courts " She suggested and he nodded

" You are right "

" I'll walk you out " She mentioned and closed the door once they were out of the apartment

" Wow , Tejasswi Prakash being kind to me twice is an achievement " He joked as they walked towards the parking

" Very funny " She said dryly but then joined him in chuckling too.

She looked at his car leaving and turned only to freeze at her spot. In front stood him with an unknown emotion in his eyes but he was definitely angry. No wonder he did see her with Vikram .

" Karan , I - " She started as he came closer

" I just came to give your phone. You forgot it " He said shoving it in her hand

" Karan , listen to me this - "

" I don't think you are answerable to me anyway Ms Prakash. I'll see you at the court " He said coldy and she gulped

" Karan can you just hear me out. This is not what it looks like " she shouted running behind him

" Doesn't matter what i think. What you do outside of your work hours is none of my business right ? You can do whatever , there's no need to justify anything " He said without looking at her and sat back in his car

" Karan for god sake can you calm down. This is not what you thi- "

" I told you i don't care. It's none of my business . Oh yeah, And if you both decided with saving your best friend then i am totally okay. I understand you would want to trust and protect the only best friend , only person who had while growing up " He said in an emotionless tone and sped away

" wait , What ? " she mumbled to herself. Did he assume this after seeing her with Vikram ? She though he was upset that she was with  vikram . But this guy had turned and assumed the most impossible scenario. Didn't he know her. Why would she save a criminal ? When had she ever ? She ran a hand thoeugh her hair frustrated . Everything just seemed to get worse this day .

****

TEJASSWI'S OFFICE
11: A.M

" what ? Omi are you sure you rechecked everything ? " She asked shocked

" Yes Teja. Infact Rohit asked around and talked to a few people too " omi replied . He didn't know anything but one thing was sure whatever information he had provided was a bad news for her .

" Okay. Thanks " She cut the call and banged her fists on her table

" Fuck " She whispered not knowing what to do . She was at a dead end again. Umar was not in Mumbai when the murder happened

" He must have hired someone to kill " A junior lawyer said.

" That might be a possibility but there's no time to prove this theory right. According to his phone call details there were no unusual calls. Which means either he met in person with killer or he was never the murderer. Which brings us to dead end again " She leaned over her table clutching her head.

" The hearing's in a day. How are we going to find out if he really did hire someone " She said irritated Everything was getting to her nerves now.

Yesterday was a heavy day as she found out Umar's truth due to which her heart was still heavy. She couldn't believe the same guy who promised to protect her would murder someone. And then the drama with Karan. She didn't know why she was even bothered about what he felt . She shouldn't care right ? What he thinks ? She is here to do her job , prove him innocent and win the case. Then why was she so affected by his words. Why did she feel bad when he assumed that she was going to join hands with Vikram and save Umar . Hadn's she time and again proved to him that she trusted him during the whole trial . And that she would do anything to make him win.

She was so close to giving up though. Nothing was falling into place. After everything , she was still standind on the starting point with nothing to prove Umar guilty. She didn't know should she be happy or sad. Happy because it hinted that Umar was never the murderer and sad because she was again far away from the truth , from the real culprit.

***

" Abhishek is there any progress finding out the fake staff yet ?" She asked as she parked her car in the parking lot. Closing the door , she walked towards hed apartment.

" Yes , We are working. If everything goes well, we might just get them till thurday " He replied and her steps halted a bit

" Abhishek , today's tuesday , the hearing's on thursday. The information will be of no value to me till then " She emphasised reaching the door of her house .

" I am trying my best Tejasswi. I'll see if we can make it happen till tomorrow. " He was saying something more but this was the only thing she heard as her eyes fell on him sitting on her couch when she opened her door.

" I'll talk to you later. I gotta go " She said and cut the call not waiting for an answer . She dropped the bag on table and stared at him while he did too.

" What are you doing here Karan ? "

***