Chapter 2

Author's note:

Sorry for not updating any sooner🙏 As an apology, have an extra long chapter <3

Enjoy~

=

Ali's POV:

I've probably done dozens of laps around the house by now, checking every corner for hints or clues that could prove this was all just a giant training simulation. This has to be a simulation right? My supervisors and my teammates are probably just messing with me.

This has to be some form of punishment or a stupid prank.

But the more I explored the house, the more paranoid I got. I could feel panic bubbling up in my chest as I found nothing other than more evidence that proves this was the life I lived in the past.

The news on TV showing old events that have already happened as if they were new, the date on the flat screen, the lack of photo frames on the wall as well as furniture placement being off. Aside from that, there were magazines filled with old trends and some of my old toys were scattered all over the floor. Even my old scooter and yoyo have not been modified with MATA technology.

I stood in the middle of the living room, towering over the mess that I had created amidst my search for answers. Any answers that could make sense but nothing did. I dropped my hands to the side as I let my scrambled thoughts take over.

I'm just so confused...

What is happening?

What does this all mean?

Have I really been sent back to the past? Was this all just a dream? How did this happen? If I die again, will I be sent back here again or will I die for good?

Die.

A cold shiver suddenly ran down my spine and I hugged myself in an attempt to stay warm. That recent thought had started a wave of unwanted feelings. Now my memories were starting to play with me as I could still feel the imprinting pressure on my back from being crushed.

My breathing started to get quicker and my chest felt tight. I put my hand over my chest as I gradually went down on my knees and bent down with my forehead against the floor.

Hot tears were starting to blur my vision. I blinked a few times, letting droplets fall onto the floor as I tried to stop myself but it only led to more unwanted sobbing. Soon, my throat felt like it was closing up and I choked on my tears while I tried to gasp for as much air as possible.

I really did die... didn't I?

My head was pounding. All these thoughts were racing into my head at light speed and it hurt so bad that I wanted to slam my head to the floor in order to force my brain to go silent.

I could scream. I wanted to scream.

But I couldn't.

After staying in that position for what felt like hours, I started to calm down. My tears subsided and I could feel my body slowly relax as I naturally took the time to catch my breath again.

'Deep breath in, deep breath out..' I thought to myself as I breathed in through my nose and released the air through my mouth repeatedly.

I don't know what just happened or why I reacted like that but I know I needed to ground myself if I wanted to stop reacting like that again.

I know I needed to do something about this.

Taking the stairs, I rushed over to my room, ignoring the clutter I left behind in the living room. I closed the door behind me, ignoring the loud slam I made as I searched for an empty notebook in one of my drawers. It took me a while because it's been put out of place.