Chapter 1.

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Y/n sat in class and they were absolutely devastated. Not because they had anything major happen to them, but because they already sneezed two times and if it became a third time they would cry.

The nice person next to them, wouldn't really mind of course, but they still didn't want to risk it. McGonagall has been glaring at Y/n anyways, because they keep accidentally interrupting her class.

Since the death of James and Lily Potter McGonagall has been a lot harder to her students. She didn't built as many deep bonds and kept everything on a surface level.

It actually started with the death of Regulus Black, but she wasn't as close to him and his body has never been found so she didn't have to see him dead actually. Then it moved on to Marlene McKinnon, who was a troublesome student, but had such a big heart and made everyone laugh.

Her eyes subconsciously glided over to Tonks, who sat next to Charlie and also a row in front of Y/n. Tonks was like a much clumsier version of Marlene and also a much more innocent one, but that could change over the coming years.

Oh and then Dorcas Meadowes happened. McGonagall didn't know exactly what their relationship was, but Dorcas was devastated when Marlene died and she made her live mission to find and kill Voldemort. She also found him two weeks later, but that was her live mission coming to an end, as he killed her with green light flashing through the room.

Dorcas reminded her a little of Merula, because both of them were Slytherin's and both of them had far to ambiguous goals for them to reach all on their own. Oh and they were stubborn. Extremely stubborn.

Then came James and right after Lily, because that cruel psychopath decided to try and kill their child. At that thought her eyes trailed to Penny and Andre, who were chatting with each other quietly, so that McGonagall wouldn't scold them. She would either way scold them, but for now they can just continue their assignments as she indulges in the memories of her students. No, children.

McGonagall saw all of those kids as her children, that she could never have by her own accord, but that she certainly took care of as if they were her own. That reminded her of Mary MacDonald and Remus Lupin, who were the only one's left.

As she pondered who those two could be from her class, her eye caught Talbott's and she smiled a little because both he and Remus were somewhat in the same situation. They both hid their little furry problems from the world, even though one was forced to do so and the other choose it. And Mary reminded her a little of Chiara, which was a little ironic if McGonagall would have known her secret.. Only the moon and Dumbledore knew though.