25: Your Opinion Is What Matters

ابدأ من البداية

It was such an idealistic childhood it came as quite a shock the day Yuji's elementary school called and said he and a girl in his class had been in a pretty nasty fight. 

The pair had arrived after closing the gym in a panic, worried as to what they would find. The principal had pulled them aside before they even let them see Yuji. The man had basically shouted at them, saying it was all their fault that there was a fight in the first place. That the other girl got hurt really badly because they had taught Yuji how to box (as much as you could teach a 3rd grader to box). 

But when they finally saw Yuji he seemed to be in pretty rough shape too. There was a bruise on his neck and two on his arm, his hair was a mess and he was trying to hold back tears. 

Turns out the little girl had been taught how eye colour was passed down by her parents. The teacher had been impressed and had her make the little squares up for everyone, one axis showing their mom's eye colour and the other their dads. 

When they had gotten to Yuji the teacher had tried to dissuade the girl from doing his, already knowing that he had two moms. But both kids had been interested in seeing it, so they did. The girl had plugged Yuji's ma's red eyes in alongside his mom's dark grey. 

When yellow hadn't been the final result, the entire class had voiced their confusion. They were Namura's moms, why didn't he have the eyes he was supposed to? They didn't really know how these things worked. 

Then the girl had said that it meant one of his moms wasn't his real mom. That you can only have one mom anyways. 

They had shouted at each other, the girl had thrown a pencil at his face, Yuji had thrown a punch and it had taken a while for the teachers to separate them. 

Ayako and Isamu had, rightfully so, gotten upset with the school for not starting with that. They then had to take Yuji home and explain the whole process to him. And that he got his bright yellow eyes from the anonymous man they had selected off a list. Yuji hated the idea that half of his genetics came from just 'some dude'.  

Of course that was only the first of many fights but it really stuck out in their minds...

"Mom? Ma? Are you guys listening?" Yuji asked, waving his hand in front of their faces. 

"Don't do that, its rude." His mom huffed fondly. "I was just thinking.".

"About what? Have you thought everything over yet?" Yuji asked, his eyes wide with anticipation. 

"No. I was thinking about how you were as a little kid." She said honestly. 

"Those were the years." His ma lamented. "The world has been in a downward spiral since you stopped running out of the school yard to me shouting 'mama!' in the cutest little voice.". 

"It has not been." Yuji pouted, "I'm way easier to deal with now! You don't remember how stressful children's birthday parties were.". 

"You sure about that kiddo?" His mom asked, an eyebrow raised, "Because I'm pretty sure you just asked if you were allowed to go after the same people that nearly got you killed last time. That sounds like its gotten harder, not easier.". 

Yuji smiled sheepishly. "I'm stronger now and I've prepared some tech just for this fight. It'll be okay this time. I can't leave Shota to do it on his own.". 

"Shota is a professional who told us he could always recruit pro heroes to help him with the case." His ma said simply. Yuji's expression deflated completely. Aizawa was willing to replace him? "Hey, kid don't look so depressed. He may have said that, but he wasn't happy about it. He wants you to have the chance to get back at them and close your first real case. But he also understands that its dangerous and we don't want our son to die because he was too stubborn to back out.".