"Please don't tell me you're at the festival that Gloxinia created,"

I stopped for a moment, mentally face palming. Crap- I said too much information. Oh how stupid of me...now he's going to know what I'm up to and be mad at me and maybe hate me-

"Please don't be mad Z," I heard a sigh, I felt tears threatening to come. I couldn't bear the thought of Zel being mad at me and hate me.

"I'm not mad, just please come back. I can ask Gloxinia to organize something else for you... Just please don't go to this one,"

I frowned, I mean I could go back and pretend like what he said didn't have some meaning- but I knew there was. "Why? If you're not mad I could just have some fun-"

"It's dangerous. I can't tell you more- just please listen to me!"

I found myself staring at the ground, this feeling overwhelming me again. Another secret. What else could I expect? He was hiding something from me. "Stop hiding the truth and tell me why I keep having those familiar visions that look like memories!"

"I can't do that!... not yet, it's not the time yet-" his voice got quieter and broke softly, as if he was about to cry. I shook it off, clenching my fist. I couldn't let my determination waver.

"Then, I'm going to this festival and winning it. I'm going to retrieve these memories of mine," I stood up and began making my way to the maze, following my instinct for the location. "Y/N!"

I ignored the voice of Zeldris and tried blocking his voice. I struggled for a moment but succeeded. Although, I don't know how I did it.

****************

Looking up at the gigantic maze-like thing, I felt so much magic power radiating from it.

I looked down at the paper and read what was written in black bold letters

Find the exit from your route to proceed to the next challenge and you mustn't die

Further instructions will be given to you by the host.

So formal, I wonder if Zel wrote it. I clenched the paper-flier and proceeded to walk down the trail. I unsheath my sword from its holder and hold it in front of me in a defensive manner. I could hear my own breathing. I was beyond stressed, this was the first time I was going to fight on my own without anybody helping me.

However, this was the chance to prove I could fight and defend myself! But it was still nerve wracking. I heard a branch snap and turned around to come face to face with a gigantic monster. I clenched my hands around the sword handle and ran full speed towards it.

I brought my sword back, trusting it forward a gigantic beam of light flashed through my sword and made the monster turn to ashes. I held a fierce expression, sweat covering my face. I didn't notice one of my eyes turning gold with orange swirling. A powerful aura surrounded me. I could feel it pulsing through me. I exhaled and advanced towards my next destination.

I had been walking for hours, killing every target I came across. I felt powerful, invincible. I held my gaze cold, not letting anything get in my way. When I wanted something the determination was so much bigger in my heart. Arriving at yet another clearing, I saw two other opponents. One had dark hair with a familiar mask and another with silver hair, the same mask adorning their face. "Well well~ another weakling is going to die at our hands. How unfortunate for you little girl-"