Chapter 4

Saying Lavanya was furious would be putting it mildly. She was a volcano ready to burst on ASR.

"You didn't do good ASR. I knew you were heartless but spoiling a 18 year old child's life even if you thought of her as a corporate spy was way beyond cruelty. Releasing her video and making her out to be a characterless woman was heights of irrational behaviour and punishable by law as well but I know taking any action against you will make Khushi upset and currently she needs my help so I will wait ASR but be sure I will punish you the worst way possible that you will wish that I took a legal action against you", Lavanya vowed to punish ASR. "Comeon lavanya your friend needs you for now. I need to figure out how to help her without anyone knowing or else ASR will destroy me as well."

Lavanya spent her day thinking of ways to help Khushi become not only financially independent but also mentally prepare her for the outside world because she has only 3 and half months left and she knows Gupta's will not help her and ASR will make her life a living hell and she will not take her help as well. With these thoughts in mind Lavanya called Khushi.

"Chamkili have you ever thought of going to college"

"I wanted to but never had money to pay the fees and looks like i will never go because I won't have the money", Khushi replied sadly

"You don't worry about money and tell me which course you want to do", lavanya asked excitedly as she finally knew where to start from 

"No no lavanyaji i can't take your money", Khushi replied horrified of even the idea

"I am not offering my money Chamkili but I am telling you that every course has various scholarship programs that if you pass those tests they will pay your entire college and hostel fees, so tell me which course you want to pursue so that I can list all the scholarship programs that you can apply for", asked an excited lavanya

"I won't have to pay for anything? Really??", Asked Khushi naively

"Ofcourse Chamkili"

"I was always interested in fashion designer and cooking and rest of the courses are really not as interesting. When I joined AR the most excited I was because I thought I will be working with clothes, later I came to know how bad can fashion industry be for me"

"Ohh.. Khushi, i am really sorry for bullying you at AR. I really should have not done that Please forgive me. It's actually illegal and if you had complained against me i could have been fired but my relationship with ASR just emboldened me to continue my stupidities."

"Arre lavanyaji why are you saying sorry, I was the one who was not upto the mark of fashion standards and didn't understand anything"

"Khushi whatever Pam, Sim and i did to you was horrible and i am really sorry for that, and your fashion sense is not really that bad i mean your pom poms looks really cute but ya your hair styling can take some more effort, the only thing you didn't understand was what to wear when, i mean you can't wear gota Patti suits in an office if you want traditional clothing you can opt for plain cotton clothing or since you were working in fashion house you can put a nice chikan Kari cotton kurti and leggings it would have looked fabulous"

Khushi was grasping every word that lavanya was saying by heart she was never taught how to dress up for office and the difference between formal, semi formal and casual clothing so she was taking in the education that lavanya was imparting to her and was really grateful of her to point out her mistakes and telling her ways to correct them without switching to completely western clothing.

"So fashion designing and culinary arts it is?"

"But i don't really know what to choose"

"It's alright we can start with both and give exams and in whichever you perform better we can go with that or if you decide you can drop the other one later on totally your choice"

"Ok, if it is not a problem"

"No Khushi it's not"

"Ok then studies is sorted out now let's talk about some financial independence"

"I was also thinking for same but then I realised i can't get a job because I don't have any certificate and nobody will let me work and especially not Arnav ji"

"Don't worry Chamkili we will find something for you"

"Actually I was thinking of starting a dabba service for offices and PGs"

"That's a brilliant idea, you are a great cook and tiffin services don't require as much capital and can give you good profits"

"Ya I know"

"But you don't sound excited you like cooking na or we can find something else"

"No no i love cooking but i don't want anyone to know that I am having a dabba service"

At that point lavanya realised the impact of ASR's influence on Khushi she knew that if ASR knew he will stop at nothing to stop her from being independent and torture her and then blackmail her into submission

After a silence of few minutes and giving her idea a thought she spoke "Why don't you start it from my kitchen? My flat is very well placed near both industrial and educational institutions so you can not only find service class people but also a whole lot of students who miss home made food."

"How can I start business from your flat? It will disturb you and disrupt your privacy as well"

"Don't worry about my privacy Chamkili"

" But how can I?"

"How can you what!?"

"How can I use your kitchen.."

"Don't worry about it Chamkili see my job is 10am-7pm so i have my breakfast lunch and dinner all in restaurants and sometimes the bill can go upto 800-1000 per day and food is also not very healthy so if you use my kitchen then you can pay the rent by cooking 3 meals of the day for me"

"But I can make it anyway.."

"Stop being so nice Khushi, the world is too cruel and if you can't use my kitchen for free how can I eat your food for free"

"But lavanyaji.."

"No ifs no buts you are using my kitchen to start your dabba service"

"I..I.. don't even know from where to even start to thank you. You heard me, you trusted me, you believed me then you are helping me in education and my business as well.. I don't even know where to start thanking you" said Khushi emotionally on the verge of tears

"You are my friend and friends help each other. Right?"

"But you are doing for me is just.. i don't have words to describe my gratefulness"

"If you said thank you once again I will never talk to you and now bye. I will call you when i have shortlisted the colleges, entrance exams and scholarship exams for fashion designing and culinary arts. I will get back to you soon"

Khushi was busy thanking her DM for sending a friend like lavanyaji in her life who is helping her so much.

Note: First chapter written by me hope you people will like it. I will give weekly updates so next update will be on next Sunday.