Chapter 11 Request

Start from the beginning

Catherine: Hmmm, oh, here we are. Found something. There's a merchant convoy looking for guards. They've got room for one more person... What do you think? Want to accept it?

Sora and Hajime scanned the document Catherine handed to them. Like she'd said, it seemed to be an escort mission. Their job would be to escort a medium-sized caravan, and it looked like they wanted around 15 guards. As Aishia, Yue and Shea still weren't registered adventurers, having one slot open was just perfect.

Sora: It's fine if I bring these three with us still, right?

Catherine: It should be alright. Bringing a large crowd with you would be a different story, but most adventurers bring along a porter or slave to carry their luggage anyway. Besides, Aishia-chan, Yue-chan and Shea-chan are quite strong. They're getting a steal, hiring all of you for the price of one. I'm sure they'd happily let them tag along.

Hajime: I see. Hmmm, what do you guys think?

Hajime turned around, seeking input from the three girls behind him. He'd personally been hoping for a delivery request. That way he'd be able to use his magic motorcycle to get them to Fuhren way faster than any caravan could. Purposely slowing down his pace just for a quest didn't really sound all that appealing.

Yue: We're not in any hurry.

Aishia: Yeah. Besides, it might be fun to travel with other adventurers for once.

Shea: And who knows, some of the veterans might be able to teach us a few things.

Sora: I suppose it's true we're not in any real hurry, and it might not be so bad traveling with others...

Sora nodded pensively and accepted the request. Like Yue had said, they were in no rush to conquer the labyrinths. Hurrying too much could lead to a fatal mistake, and Shea was right that some of the adventurers might be able to teach them useful tricks for the road ahead.

Catherine: Very well. I'll let them know, so make sure you're at the main gate first thing tomorrow morning.

Sora: You got it.

While Sora and Hajime was filling out the paperwork, Catherine shifted her gaze to Aishia, Yue and Shea.

Catherine: Make sure you take care of yourselves, alright? If this brat ever makes you cry, then make sure you drag him back here. I'll wallop him good for you.

Yue: Okay, we will.

Aishia: Thanks.

Shea: Bye, Catherine-san. Thanks for everything!

Aishia, Yue and Shea smiled at Catherine. Shea's smile especially was dazzling. The way Catherine and the people of this town had treated her had almost made her forget how beastmen were usually treated in human settlements. Naturally, not everyone had been so accepting, but Catherine, Sona, Crystabel, and even her fans had treated her like a normal girl. She wasn't sure whether more tolerant people just gravitated toward this town in particular, but to her this place had felt like a second home.

Catherine: You better not do anything that'd make these girls cry, you hear? Even if you manage to escape my wrath, God will surely punish you if you do.

Sora: Don't worry, I know.

Sora smiled wryly. Catherine handed him a piece of paper. Puzzled, Sora took it.

 Puzzled, Sora took it