⋆˚ఎ 𝟑𝟓 ໒˚⋆

Start from the beginning

After some time, he stopped trying to understand what was wrong. He stopped trying to talk to Sunghoon and watched as the younger's shoulders got lighter as if the blonde boy was a burden. Maybe I am, Taehyun thinks to himself while his eyes traced the same constellations on the younger's neck during classes. Maybe I am a burden.

Without noticing, he started to change. He wasn't the same boy anymore, his bubbly and smiley personality was long gone and all that was left was the bitter reality of being the one that no one want to deal with. He became less interested in his surroundings, a stern, and reserved person and every time he looked at the back of his ex-friend's head he would feel numb. And his parents would have noticed it if they were more present in his life, but that wasn't the case. So they stayed oblivious to Taehyun's unhappy state, as he was still having the best grades and maintained his first place on being the best student in his whole school.

And thank god that happened in his last year of high school because he wouldn't be able to drag another year of the same lonely pain. So when he was admitted to Seoul University he didn't think twice before packing his things and running to his sister that had a fixed job in the city. He didn't think twice before turning his back away from all those heartless students whose heads were as empty as void. And he surely didn't think twice before disappearing from Sunghoon's sight, the last boy to ever know Taehyun's former friendly and interesting side.

I guess that sometimes bad things happen in small towns and it is best to leave them behind and search for happiness in a bigger place.

But as optimistic as it sounds, Taehyun was now going through a mental crisis as he was standing still in front of Tao's Mocha, his trembling hand holding the door handle like his life depended on it.

"It's now or never..." He whispers to himself after a while and slowly opens the coffee shop's door.

The pink-haired boy was instantly embraced by the familiar cozy atmosphere and the coffee aroma that danced around every table. The place wasn't as full as it normally was, as the clock pointed to ten pm and people had to work the next day. But it was still crowded with young adults having relaxing dates and friends celebrating their good grades on their finals. However, Taehyun didn't care for any of them, as his mind was full of thoughts about the tall figure with black hair working behind the counter.

He takes a deep breath and starts walking toward him in slow steps. Beomgyu was currently facing the coffee machines, preparing what Taehyun could tell to be a frappuccino. The younger takes another deep breath, waiting for Beomgyu to turn around, his head becoming dizzy. Will he be surprised to see him? Happy? Angry?

Beomgyu had heard the bell ring two minutes ago and was conscious a client was standing in line, but the most recent table had ordered five drinks and he was trying his best to make them all at the same time.

"One minute, please!" He tiredly says and Taehyun feels his heart skip a beat when he hears the familiar voice he used to listen to every night before falling asleep.

The black-haired boy using a brownish uniform finishes the last drink in less than thirty seconds and turns around to place it on the table near the others. But when his eyes meet the person in front of him waiting in line, he loses balance and almost drops the drink, performing a little bit of juggling to prevent the liquid from following to the ground. Taehyun finds his reaction very cute but doesn't express any emotion as he was still nervous as hell about this sudden encounter. Beomgyu's eyes were wide open and he was breathing heavily after the little scare he had with the frappuccino. He looked at Taehyun with fear in his eyes and the blonde felt his heart aching a bit thinking he wasn't welcomed in the older's life.