0•The Polite Butler•0

Start from the beginning

  And your telling him to do just that for others?! Hell no!

  But it's not like he has any other choice. No matter what, he has to adapt to the situation. So, he changed into his butler uniform with a heavy heart and started doing his job.

  Fortunately, the owner of this body, who has the exact same name as him, was actually newly employed. Therefore, Ree didn't have any problem adapting to his butler life at all.

  Of course the daily "waking up before the sun rises" and "doing all chores" was still a bit annoying but overall, since Ree didn't need to interact with anyone who knew the original one, he was doing quite well.

  Well, before he found out just which world this was. Cliche enough, it was actually inside a novel he had read before. Trash of the Count's Family. And he happened to be a butler of the Henituse Family in their mansion located at the Capital.

  Right now, everyone in the mansion was practically panicking because of the news of the trash young master's arrival at the capital. Ree, however, didn't really care. As long as he avoided Cale or his group, he would be safe.

  And it seemed like fate was helping him.

  "You are new so you probably didn't know who Young Master Cale is. Well, it'll probably be best if you leave the job of serving young master Cale to others who are more experienced.

  If you have any questions, you can come directly to me or you can ask the other workers here. Just... don't screw up in front of the young master, okay?"

  The old head butler was looking at Ree with worry while speaking. The old man was genuinely worried about the newly hired polite butler, who was quite efficient with his work. He wouldn't want a talented worker to be fired just because of their young master's temper.

  Ree, who felt like he heard the voices of singing Angels, had to stopped himself from smiling brightly. Instead, he still maintained his usual calm and polite smile on his face.

  "Thank you Head Butler, Sir. I would try my very best to do my job properly in order to not burden you."

  'And I would do my very best to avoid Cale as well, so don't worry butler gramps.'

  The butler, who wasn't aware of Ree's plan, looked at the polite young man with a satisfied expression. But contrary to Ree's polite and simple answer, his mind was now busy planning every move he would make in order to avoid Cale. At all costs.

  "Then that's good! Do your best."

  With that, the Head Butler finally let him go. Ree didn't waste anytime dallying either. He immediately left the Head Butler after a small bow, heading straight to the mansion's kitchen.

  The old Head Butler just watched as Ree's figure faded from his view.

  Meanwhile, Ree made his way towards the kitchen. He has already finished his job even before the Head Butler called for him so now, it was his free time. Well, it would be his free time until a new batch of chores made their way to him again later.

  The terribly busy life of a butler.

  "Haa."

  "Hmm? What are you sighing so deeply for?"

  "Ahh."

  Ree let out a silent gasp when a man with green hair appeared out of nowhere and started talking to him.

  "Oh, so it's you Mat."

  Mat, or Matthew, was one of the few who Ree could call as a friend. He was also known as the social butterfly of the mansion.