Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Louis

She's even more fantastic then before. Sarcasm and sass came from her like there's no tomorrow. I loved her!

But I don't think she felt the same way about us. She wanted us out of her life, period. But I wanted to be in her life, period, and since I was super smart and amazing, I got to make the decisions.

After we cleaned up the ice cream parlor, it was starting to get really late out. As we made our way back to our means of transportation, me and Maddy had a little argument.

"Can I ride with you?" I asked. She whipped her head back around to stare at me, mouth gaping slightly. I found myself looking at her lips. I almost kissed her. I wondered if I was supposed to feel freaked out about that.

"No!" she cried.

"Why not?" I complained.

"Firstly," she sassed. "I don't want you anywhere near my truck. We all know what happened the last time you did. Secondly, I just met you and you're all crazy! Thirdly, I want to get away from you all as soon and as quickly as possible."

Her words hurt. "Why not?" I asked again. "I promise this time I'll actually be inside the car, and won't do anything stupid. And why don't you like us?"

"No, I like you guys," she said and I quickened my pace so I could walk next to her. "I actually really, really love your music. But ever since I ran you over, problems just seem to find me."

We needed a little bit of Niall's magical leprechaun dust over here. "Well, now that we know you and got your name, you don't have to have those problems anymore," I said cheerily. "We're famous, nothing bad ever happens to us."

"You should read the fanfics," I swear I heard her mutter. I frowned. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing," she said quickly. "Just leave me alone."

"What bad did I ever do to you?" I demanded. "I'm a human being, not a disease."

She nodded. "I can agree with that," she said. "But I just want to be normal."

"I'm confused," I sighed. She gritted her teeth. I remembered when I used to do that when I was in casts. I was so glad I was free.

"Do you want it bluntly?" she asked. I nodded.

Maddy looked up at me, and I could tell she was not happy. Her eyes got a glazed look as she reached her hand up and felt my forehead. She was feeling the spot where my head got cut. Her touch was warm and left a tingly feeling behind.

"All I see is the bloodied mess that hit my truck," she murmured. "How can I cope with that?"

All she saw was my broken mess when I got hit? Gosh, that never occurred to me. Now I felt bad. "No hard feelings, remember?" I said and pulled her in for a hug. She resisted at first, but then gave in. "See?" I attempted to joke. "Couldn't hug you if my arm was broken."

She didn't reply, so I tried harder. I let go and attempted to do a cartwheel. I went crashing down instead. She gasped, then burst out laughing.

"Couldn't do that either," I said nonchalantly as I jumped up and brushed myself off.

She shook her head, smiling. "You're so ridiculous, Lou," she said.

I smiled back at her. "Using nicknames now, are we?" I said and wiggled my eyebrows.

She shoved my chest. "You're using my nickname all the time," she said. "So I have a privilege."

"What is your real name?" I asked.