"Y'know Anne, right?"

"Mhmm."

"She used to be my girlfriend."

A short pause.

"What happened?"

"Something happened over the summer, nothing bad, it was just...we didn't talk much and then Dan showed up and before I knew it, she wasn't with me anymore," Eddie said.

"Were you two dating?"

"No. Not really. We went out, sure, but we were never alone persay. Always were in a group. Dan was always there, too." Eddie paused. "I like Dan, though. He's a nice guy. Not mean or snobby like I thought he'd be. He genuinely cares for people. Something most people don't have these days."

"Mhmm." Venom shifted over a little. "How you feeling about it?"

"About what?"

"Anne."

"I've gotten over it."

"Hmm. You sure about that?"

"Possitive."

"Don't give me that, pal, I saw you giving those sad, puppy eyes when we were at the shop," Venom replied, shaking his head.

"But—"

"You still like her. Why?"

"Wow, way to expose me," Eddie muttered, surprised.

"Why do you still like Anne when you know she's obviously moved on?"

"Well...it's hard to explain."

"I can do hard," Venom replied softly. Eddie's heart seemed to skip a beat for a second before he caught himself.

"Okay...it's just....I don't see her being with anyone else but me, y'know?"

"Why?"

"Because....I don't know. I'm not very good at explaining things very well, I'm sorry."

"No. No need to be. Listen, we can drop it if you want." A large, black hand pressed gently against his bed, close to his thigh.

"Okay," Eddie said with a nod.

"You seemed sad about it, that's why I wanted to know," Venom said. He then grinned. "But we're going to homecoming tomorrow. No worries then, right, Eddie?"

"Nope. No worries," Eddie replied with an equally happy smile. "Just fun and games until we die of sleep deprivation."

Venom chuckled.

"Well, it's eleven thirty. Do you want to get a shower?"

"Yeah. But you can go in first if you want."

"I'll get one tomorrow morning," Venom said and stood up. Eddie could feel the bed breathe again, noting how the impressive weight of the alien had pressured against his blankets.

"Alright. And Venom?"

"If you try to thank me one more time...." Venom began, but then smiled as Eddie raised his hands submissively.

"Sorry, sorry."

"I might just forget the rules tomorrow night..." Venom gave him a devilish smile.

Eddie stared at him for a long moment before Venom laughed.

"Calm down, I'm not going to break any rules," he chuckled. "I don't want to get kicked out and leave you all alone here."