Chapter 2: Excuses Excuses

Time later..

It's been a while since Pastry stepped foot into the Tower. She still thought about all the cookies she saw but one particular one appeared in her head more often. The Godly made half of him, the other part was created by.. darkness. Pastry was driven out of her thoughts and woke up to a quiet yet annoyed voice telling her to get up.

- Huh.. W-what time is it?" Barely awake, Pastry stuttered out some words. (Have I overslept.. again?) She thought to herself and sat up with the teddy in grip.

- Yes Pastry, the 6th time this week! The morning prayer is already over." The Sister's voice increased in volume and she seemed more dissatisfied everyday for the last couple days.

- Oh I'm sorry, I really am! This bed is just so comf-"

Her Sister snatched the teddy bear out of her hands and gave her an ugly look.

- Hey, give that back!" She said without thinking.

- Do you want me telling Mother cookie about this? You should be more serious. I don't know why you think you can wake up later than everyone else and use the same excuse 6 days IN A ROW!" The Sister was so close to yelling that it was surprising. She has never heard her talk so loudly.

- ..." Pastry cookie looked down on the bed. Maybe she really should have came up with a better excuse for atleast today. But ever since the Tower incident her brain felt differently wired.

- Oh so you don't have another excuse up your sleeve? How about I let Mother cookie know about every morning this week? If I was her I'd teach you a proper lesson."

- NO! You can't do that, she's going to think you're lying!" Pastry looked up and thought to herself; (It would be easier if I could tell you.. all of you.)

Sister cookie looked at the teddy and then back at Pastry with cold eyes with no signs of sympathy.

- Sometimes I think this teddy means more to you than the Order." She threw the teddybear on the ground and left the room closing the door shut.

Pastry sighed and went to pick up her teddy. She brushed off the dust on it and held it infront of herself for a while. She knew exactly why she's not up early, she hates mornings. Pastry would rather lay in bed rather than wake up and that made her different from everyone else at the Order. They all liked their morning prayers and being on exact schedule, but Pastry can't see herself waking up at the same time as them. She has overslept more ever since she went into the Tower. She keeps thinking about the Godly Tower no matter how much she tries not to. It's like she's being lured to go in again and get the full story on what happened all that time ago.