SEVENTEEN

Marc watched from beneath Harrow as he used his staff to hold back Vera as she and Layla were busy with his followers.

Vera looked at Layla and watched as she struggled to get her wing out of the bus' gears. Vera looked up towards the sky, seeing Nephthys and Khonshu fight against Ammit and she breathed in deep, getting ready to fight as much as she could. Before she could do anything else, Marc jumped up from beneath Harrow and began to fight against him. 

Before Vera could help, Marc used the staff to attack Harrow's followers and killed them all. She watched as Layla pushed her wing out of the gear and looked at Marc.

"What the hell was that?" She asked and before he could answer a voice spoke.

"Vera." Elle said as she gripped Yelena's arm over her shoulders. Vera immediately rushed to the Witch. Elle handed Yelena to Vera and Vera looked into her sister's green eyes.

"vy raneny?" (are you hurt?) She asked in Russian as she looked at her older sister and Yelena shook her head, panting. Pieces of her dirty blond hair escaping her braided hairdo.

"No." She said and Vera breathed in softly and Yelena looked down at Vera's suit and spoke.

" ty vglyadish'kak zadira" (you look like a badass) Yelena said and Vera smirked and sighed.

"She did good. You both did good." Elle said and then looked at Vera and spoke.

"ya gorzhus'vami." (i'm proud of you.) Elle said and Vera raised an eyebrow and let out a small laugh.

"Learning Russian are we?" She asked and Elle smiled and shrugged.

"Druig's been teaching me a few things." She said and then Yelena looked at Marc who was speaking to Layla and occasionally looking at Vera and she spoke.

"He loves you." She said and Vera turned to look at him and their gazes locked and she spoke.

"We've met before." She said and Yelena nodded and let out a small laugh.

"I know." She said and Vera looked at her and then at Elle and let out a small laugh, shaking her head. Before Vera could say anything else, Nephthys appeared and Vera spoke.

"I don't want to part with you." She said and Nephthys nodded and spoke.

"I thought so, Vera." Nephthys said and Vera nodded and then looked at the goddess a small smirk on her lips.

"Good, because we have work to do." She said and glanced at Elle and Yelena before leaping up into the air.