SIXTEEN

Vera gasped as she woke up in Ammit's tomb, covered in sweat, blood, and dirt. Her hair was plastered to her face as she breathed rapidly. She furrowed her eyebrows inwards trying to figure out exactly what happened, but she couldn't figure it out and she just couldn't remember much. 

She turned her head and saw Marc's body laying before her with three bullet holes. She gasped and crawled on her knees towards him.

"No, no, no, no." She said and she rushed to him and placed her hands on either side of his cold face.

"Marc." She said and shook him but got no answer.

"Shit." She breathed out and shook him harder.

"Marc, I need you to get up." She said and before she could do anything else a voice spoke.

"I was waiting for you to get up." Nephthys said and Vera looked at her and spoke.

"Is he really dead?" Vera asked and Nephthys looked down softly and spoke.

"Yes, he is." She said and Vera frowned as she looked down at his body and then Nephthys spoke again.

"He wouldn't want you to mourn, Vera Ivankov." She said and Vera nodded and looked at Nephthys and spoke.

"Did they get to Ammit?" She asked and then Nephthys turned her head and then spoke.

"Ammit is free. We have to go." She said and Vera glanced at Marc's body quickly and then nodded and stood up. Her Egyptian suit of Nephthys came on and she she looked at Nephythys and spoke.

"Let's go."

"Vera?" Marc asked looking around the room and Easton sat up from her spot next to Vera's body and spoke.

"What are you doing?" Easton asked looking at him and he furrowed his eyebrows inwards.

"What?" He asked and Easton shook her head and spoke.

"Marc you need to leave now." She said and then she glanced at Steven.

"You too. Vera needs you both." She said and Marc looked at the catatonic woman before him and spoke.

"Is she?" He asked and Vera shook her head.

"No. After she was hurt by Dreykov, Nephthys helped her and brought her to where you would be." She said and Marc squinted and then looked at her.

"How do you know Vera?" He asked and Easton was going to answer before Tawaret got him on the boat.

Vera marched into the Pyramid of Giza with her ancient suit on as the wind blew. She stood atop the steps as she looked out into the dark sky. All her gold armor glistening in the moon light. She glanced at the moon and then continued to make her was up until she felt the pyramid shake as if it just got hit. She stumbled back and then spoke.

"What was that?" She asked turning to her right but once she did she didn't see any sign of Nephthys.

She shook her head and when she went to climb some more she heard a truck. She turned and saw a black truck and she furrowed her eyebrows and glanced at the pyramid and then jumped into the air, the power of Nephthys following her.

She made it to the streets and before she could follow the truck a blast of purple energy hit her and she tumbled to the floor.

She rolled as she was thrown out of the air and she grunted and saw Harrow. She went to go after him but then a voice stopped her.

"Vera, join me." Dreykov said and Vera turned and looked at him.

"Never." She spat and he shook his head and Vera snarled and ran after him. She grabbed a gold pair of knives from her suit and began to fight.

She brought knives up to slash against his body but he ducked fast and threw a punch at her stomach. She stumbled backwards at his superhuman strength and she breathed in deep. Some of his newfound followers came out from the shadows and Vera looked at them and smirked. 

Before she could leap into action a white figure dropped down from the sky and a figure dressed in all black came from a zipline.

Elle and Yelena stood before her and Yelena began fighting. Elle shot out an energy ball and Vera ran towards Dreykov to fight but Elle spoke out.

"Vera, we'll hold off on Dreykov. Find Marc!" She said and Vera's eyes widened and she spoke.

"What? Dreykov-" She went to say but Elle cut her off.

"Can wait. Go!" She yelled and Vera broke out into a sprint to where she could hear Harrow speaking.

She saw a white figure and Layal fight against Harrow and she looked at him and ran towards him, watching as they struggled. Before she could make it, a blast was thrown towards her and she flew into a window. She grunted and picked herself up from the floor and saw Dreykov walk towards her.

"I am not done with you yet." He said and she nodded and got up from the ground her eyes glowing white and she nodded.

"Don't worry." She said and then she pulled out her knives and twisted her body, slashing his arms. He hissed and she spoke.

"Where are the girls?" She asked and he shook his head and laughed.

"You will never know." He said and she kicked straight, and he flew back. She turned watched as Marc rushed towards her and her eyes widened.

"Marc?" She asked and he nodded and the head of his suit came off and he blinked.

"Hey baby." He said and Vera wrapped her arms around him.

"You're okay?" He asked pulling away and before she could answer he pushed her out of the way and began to attack Dreykov. 

Vera grabbed a new knife as she saw that Marc had him pinned and she drove the knife into his carotid. His eyes widened and he fell to the floor. Vera grabbed the knife and spoke.

"Where are they?" She asked turning the knife gently and he let out a laugh and spoke as blood poured out his lips.

"If only you knew where you came from had more meaning than you thought." He said and he fell to the floor unconsious. Vera breathed in deep and then closed her eyes and cursed.

"What's wrong?" Steven asked and Vera was taken aback slightly at the sudden change but she spoke.

"I needed to find those girls." She said and Marc came back and then shook his head and then looked at her outfit and smirked softly.

"You look amazing." He said and Vera went to speak but Harrow spoke and Vera snarled.

"Vera, how nice of you to join."