Chapter 5.

I managed to find a McDonald's and I sat down inside, knees to my chest as I bite into a Big Mac.

"You should eat something Marc." I slid the box of chicken nuggets over to him and he screwed up his nose.

"Oh come on Marc, they're my favorite." Steven pleaded from the window reflection and I smirked and we both spoke the same thing at the same time.

"With BBQ sauce." We gazed at each other and chuckled, I think I even Marc smirked for a moment.

"We haven't got time for this..." he muttered, flicking the box back towards me as I caught some ketchup from falling on my shirt.

"At least drink some water, I can see your energy is low." I slid the water into his hand using some energy and he chose to let me win this battle, chugging the water in one. I finished up the burger and fries, wiping my hands before standing.

"Well come on then, been waiting on you for ages." I said, sarcastically. His chair screeching as he stood, his eyes rolling. He walked ahead of me and I followed him before stopping at the bathroom. "Let me change, not sure when Ill get the chance to again."

"Fine."

I stepped into the bathroom. Pulling off my sweaty clothes in the stall and sliding into some shorts and putting the top part of my suit on underneath a loose t shirt. At least if I got shot it wouldn't kill me and it was way too hot for the trousers. I stepped out, walking over to Marc and heading out the restaurant.

"I need to get somewhere high, it'll be easiest to scan the area."

He nodded and lead the way out of the middle of the city.

****

We stood at the top of one of the pyramids, my eyes wide with excitement as the world sparkled below the night sky. It was just incredible.

"Wow..." I breathed, sitting on the edge of the pyramid, the soft breeze carrying the smells of the desert as it blew through my hair. I wish Steven could see this with me, he would be so happy. He probably would've moaned at the climb up here but the ending would be rewarding for him.

"Get on with it." Khonshu spat, his beak hovering over my shoulder as my face dropped in irritation.

"Well, that ruined that moment." I stood, dusting the sand off the back of my thighs as I took in some deep breaths. "Keep your eyes peeled for an orange trail, like the colour of my energy." I heard Khonshu scoff and I held my tongue, taking a few more deep breaths as I built the energy around me. Sand started to tremor beneath my feet as my body began to raise slowly off the top block, my orange energy engulfing around me as I continued to feed it.

"Just a little more..." My nose started to drip blood before I opened my eyes, my palms splaying as my entire body released a three hundred and sixty degree blast around me. I dropped, nearly falling forward off the edge of the pyramid before Marc's arms slipped around my waist, pulling me back and placing me on the ground.

"That was incredible..." he breathed, he breath hot on my cheek as I gave him a weak smile, my hand raising to wipe the blood off beneath my nose.

"It was... mediocre." Khonshu muttered, my breathing labored as I fumbled around in my bag for the pack of gummy bears I keep for emergencies.

"Can you see a trail?" I asked as I stuffed the sweets into my mouth, Marc helping me to my feet with one arm remaining around my waist encase I were to fall again.