Chapter 14

Tw for this chapter: Talk of past abuse, past starvation, talk of injuries (loosely), talk of murder (loosely)

"Tommy you don't deserve pain," Wilbur quickly said, but Tommy shook his head.

"Can we just go to bed now please?" Tommy asked and Wilbur nodded. He helped Tommy off the table and out of the lab. They made their way back upstairs to Wilbur's room where Tommy sat down on the bed.

"You wanna wear the yellow sweater now?" Wilbur asked and Tommy nodded without saying anything. Wilbur grabbed the yellow sweater out of his closet and handed it over to Tommy. Tommy slipped it over his head and smiled at the little sweater paws it gave him.

"Can I sleep now?" Tommy asked softly. Wilbur thought back to the routine they had made for him the night before and then looked at the clock. 11am was for shower and hygiene, but Tommy deserved to rest.

"Of course. Do you want me to lay with you?" Wilbur asked and Tommy nodded. Tommy laid down and Wilbur climbed into the bed with him, wrapping his arms around Tommy softly. Tommy leaned into the touch and slowly fell asleep.

Wilbur thought about what the pour boy has been through, what he must have been through to look the way he did. He wished he knew more but didn't want to push Tommy to talk about anything.

As they laid there Wilbur could feel Tommy's ribs sticking out, even with the oversized sweater on. Tommy's collar bone stuck out and his body was covered in bruises. He was so beaten and so small.

He was only a child.

Wilbur hoped one day Dream would pay for everything he did to Tommy. Wilbur hoped he would die, be killed in the worst way possible so he could maybe feel a bit of the pain that Tommy felt.

Wilbur ended up falling asleep crying, still holding Tommy tight.

~~~

Phil and Techno sighed as they sat down at the kitchen table. They had just checked the whole neighborhood, no sign of Dream anywhere. Even though Dream knew where they were, the spell was also supposed to draw him near Tommy. But Dream never appeared, meaning the spell was now broken.

"So," Techno started, but he didn't continue.

"So," Phil repeated as he stood up, walking over to the kitchen to make some tea.

"No sugar in mine, please," Techno said after reading Phil's thoughts. Phil just rolled his eyes but nodded anyway.

"Can you go check what Wilbur and Tommy are doing?" Phil asked and Techno nodded, standing up and leaving the room. This left Phil alone as the kettle sat on the stove.

Phil decided he was going to start to make lunch, since it was around 12:30 already. He got out some apples to cut up, remembering how Tommy liked apple slices with peanut butter. He then also got out things for sandwiches and some chips.

He knew that a peanut butter sandwich along with peanut butter and apple slices would be too much peanut butter, so he settled on a chicken sandwich for Tommy. After putting a plate together he slid in the fridge, waiting till it was closer to 1pm. He began to repeat the plates for the other three, just without apple slices and peanut butter.

Techno eventually came back down and mumbled something about the other two being asleep as he took the kettle off the stove before it could start to whistle. He poured the boiling water into the mugs and grabbed one, leaving the other on the counter.

"I'll wake them closer to lunch," Phil said and Techno nodded as he dunked his tea bag into the mug. "Is Wil wrapped around Tommy again?" Phil joked and Techno scoffed.

"Like he always is," Techno said into his mug. Phil chuckled and took a seat across from Techno again.

"You can't say like he always is, Tommy has been with us 6 days, first few his was passed out and the rest he's been in and out," Phil said but Techno looked into his eyes.

"Yeah, and he has been basically joint at the hip with Tommy the whole time. In the lab he was sleeping by Tommy's side on the floor, and since then he's been sleeping in the same bed as Tommy. When Tommy is asleep Wil is either on his phone or reading a book. When Tommy's awake they're either eating food together, or Wilbur is singing to him or something," Techno scoffed as he put his mug down a bit too hard on the table. The force from Techno's super strength broke the mug. "Fuck."

"Techno," Phil started as Techno got up to grab paper towels to clean up the hot tea that spilled all over the table. "Are you jealous of how close Wilbur is with Tommy?" Phil asked carefully. Techno shot his eyes up and stared at Phil.

"Why would you say that?" Techno asked as he looked back down at the tea on the table, beginning to wipe it down.

"Because you ranted about how Wilbur is attached by the hip to Tommy and then broke a mug?" Phil offered and Techno shook his head, grabbing the trashcan to put the tea soaked paper towels and broken mug pieces into.

"I just want to be able to be close like Wilbur is." Techno said as he put the trash can back.

"Why can't you?" Phil asked and Techno rolled his eyes.

"Because I don't know how to, comfort isn't my thing." Techno said in a slight harsh tone as he went to the kettle and turned it on again.

"Then why is it so important to you?" Phil asked and Techno paused for a moment. He had been reaching for a mug from the cupboard but his hand stilled mid way.

"It just is." Techno said softly. He offered no more input to the conversation. Instead he made his new mug of tea and disappeared to his room, saying something about being back later for lunch. Phil just rolled his eyes and sighed again, finishing off his own tea in silence for a bit before going to get Wilbur and Tommy.

Like Techno had said, Wilbur was wrapped around Tommy when Phil went to wake them up. His arms hung around Tommy's small frame, like he was trying to protect Tommy. It would have been cute if Tommy didn't look so small in Wilbur's arms, like he was a young child not a 15 year old.

If Phil saw Tommy walking down the street he would think he was 11 or 12, but at the same time he looked like he was 18 or 19. His body said young boy, but his face said young adult. It was confusing and it felt weird that it didn't match.

Phil sighed for what felt like the millionth time and shook Wilbur's shoulder lightly until he woke up. Wilbur blinked and stared up at him, confused for a moment.

"Time for lunch, wake up Tommy and come downstairs," Phil spoke softly and Wilbur just nodded, turning to wake up Tommy very carefully.

Word count: 1200