Chapter 3

The woman kissed Lisa on the cheeks. I repeat, ON HER CHEEKS.

I gasped loudly that made Lisa looked my way. When she saw that I was standing there, she quickly walked to my place.

"Jennie, it's not what you think. She's just drun-"

"Lisa-shi, come here so that I can kiss the other side of your cheek." The woman said while giggling as she followed Lisa. It seemed like she enjoyed doing it but Lisa's face showed otherwise. Her face was so white as if she has seen a ghost. The way the woman swayed back and forth and couldn't walk straight means she's really drunk. Looking closely, I realized that I somewhat familiar with the woman.

"Maybe you're familiar with her. Diana Flipo. Thai actress. She's my childhood friend." Lisa said while still struggling to make Diana stood on her feet. Diana just smiled groggily while trying to kiss Lisa once again which Lisa avoided.

Oh, right. Diana Flipo. That's why I felt like I saw her somewhere. She's not only famous in their country Thailand but also around the world. She's a good actress. But why is she so drunk now?

Diana looked at my way with her droopy eyes. "Oh, y-you're new here. I h-haven't seen y-you before."

"Hi, I'm Jennie Kim. I'm new here in this island. We just came earlier with my cousin." I casually answered. But I don't know if she can remember what I said because of her state.

"I'm so sorry Jennie. But I think I have to bring her back to her roo-" Lisa grabbed her and was  interrupted when Diana spoke.

"Y-you know what, my b-bestfriend here h-has a c-crush." She giggled as if a teenager who saw their crush. "A-and she's n-new from the i-island as well."

"Diana, stop it!" Lisa glared at her friend but doesn't care by the glares thrown by her. I looked at Lisa and noticed something. Why does she looked sweaty and nervous all of a sudden?

"I'm really really sorry Jennie, she's so drunk and talked nonsense someti-"

Diana put her hand on Lisa's mouth for her to stop. "Shhh, P-pranpriya. I'm s-still t-talking."

Pranpriya? Why did she call Lisa as Pranpriya?

Diana free herself from Lisa's hold and ran closer to me. She leaned and whispered something. I could smell the vodka mixed with the cologne that she used.

"I'll t-tell you a s-secret but d-don't tell Lisa, o-okay?" She then smiled maniacly. If she's not drunk, I must think that she's a pervent the way she smirked.

"L-lisa has a c-crush on a w-woman named J-jennie K-kim. She t-told me t-that earli-". Diana's voice was interrupted when Lisa grabbed her away from me. My eyes widened because of what I heard. Diana just laughed triumphantly.

"Diana, I said let's go!" I could hear the authoritative voice in Lisa. She's angry already. So different from those smiles she showed when we first met her. It seemed like she's a different person. When she looked my way, her eyes soften and bowed a couple of times. "I'm really sorry Jennie. You shouldn't have witnessed this on your first night of stay here. It won't happen again. I'm really really sorry."

I noticed since earlier that Lisa called my name already. Not the nickname she used to address me.

Still standing on my place, Lisa dragged Diana away without waiting for my reply. But I could still hear Diana shouting.

"It's o-our secret! O-okay?"

What did just happened?

----------

I walked towards the lobby when I saw my favorite cousin talking to Chaeyoung while having some drinks. It was as if they have their own world. I walked towards them.

"Hey guys."

Both at them looked at me. Then Chaeyoung spoke. "Hey Jennie. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes I did. I didn't know I slept that long." I laughed awkwardly when Jisoo looked at me and remembered what she said. "But I feel so much better now."

Chaeyoung smiled. "That's good to hear Jen." She looked behind me as if looking for someone.

Jisoo then asked. "By the way, where's Lisa? She told us that she'll be on our room to pick you up."

Now, I remembered everything from earlier. I told them what happened except as to what Diana said to me secretly. Maybe she just made up that story since she's drunk.

"Oh, really?" Chaeyoung replied. "Diana is our regular costumer here and she also loves to visit Lisa here with every chance she have. But recently, Diana always gets drunk for unknown reason. And Lisa, being her childhood friend, took care of her when she's like that."

"Really? Do you think she has a problem with her work? I mean, being an actress like her means a lot of things to take care of. Or maybe she's stressed and needed to unwind sometimes." Jisoo said while drinking which Chaeyoung agreed.

I looked outside. Why is it that Diana said that?

I already had my dinner and I joined Chaeyoung and Jisoo with their drinks. It's been a while since I have some. I looked around but I haven't seen Lisa since that happened. Where is she by the way?

But instead of finding that barbie-liked human being, my eyes landed on a couple few tables away from us. They were eating happily. Kai offered pasta using his fork which Krystal gladly accepted. Not a while, Krystal kissed Kai on the lips that made Kai smiled widely and kissed back as well. The sight seemed so romantic for anyone who saw, but not me. Hurt is stinging my shattered hwart. Hurt is everywhere that it seemed like I can't breathe. But before I could looked away, Jisoo already saw  the as well.

"Wait, that's Kai and Krystal. Right? What are they doing here?" Confusion is visible in Jisoo's voice. She then looked at me worriedly.

"Who?" Chaeyoung asked as she turned around to where Jisoo referred to.

"Excuse me guys. I need to go." I looked away with a deep sigh as tears were threatening to escape from my eyes. Damn with this feeling right now.

"Jendeukie, wait!"

I stood and was about to walk away when my body crashed on someone that made me fall on the ground. I know everyone was already looking at me but I couldn't care less. Hurt and frustrations mixed up my emotions that I didn't notice the tears free themselves from my eyes, down to my cheeks. I felt so helpless. It hurts so much. Why does it has to be like this?

Not a while, I felt arms from someone and embraced my helpless state. She slowly pulled me up for abs held me tight for support. I looked up and saw her concerned eyes with a weak smile.

"Jennie, let's get out of here."

---------------