i don't fucking care, part ²

ENGLISH VERSION

ENGLISH VERSION

Mason stared at himself in the large mirror of his closet, his eyes analysing the clothes his stylist had chosen for the occasion

Mason stared at himself in the large mirror of his closet, his eyes analysing the clothes his stylist had chosen for the occasion. It was true that his favourite clothes were sweatshirts, but he always wanted to look good when he went out for something more casual, and that’s where Carlotta came in.  

Approving what he had seen, Mason walked deeper into his closet, he was behind his favourite watch when he unintentionally hit one of the white boxes stacked to the ground, photos spread across the floor.  

━ Shit! ━ Cursing loudly, Mason knelt down and began to clean up the mess he had made.  

His breath was caught when he saw one of the photos, for years there is no way, to tell the truth he did not even remember having kept the photo, sitting on the floor Mason started to observe the image.  

A fifteen-year-old Mason smiled wide, in his arms an equally smiling thirteen-year-old Y/N was looking at the camera. The mark of his teenage years stamped on his features, Mason remembered very well the day the photo was taken.  

He had scored a goal and both he and Y/N were very happy about it, he had even dedicated the goal to her. They finished the day at his house watching his film marathon. Mason sighed.  

Most of the photos had her, in some of them just the two, in other Declan and some base boys who were also their friends. Memory after memory wandered through Mason’s mind, memories he’d been avoiding for some time, which he kept locked away. His mind also made a point of reminding him how he treated her today. 

The most recent had her weeping at her birthday party after hearing all her bad words. It was the first time he saw her cry over something he had said, and he didn’t think it could really hurt to see her do it, especially knowing it was because of him.  

And it was in those times that Mason hated what they had become. From best friends to almost enemies who mostly just hurt themselves, him more than anything. She never started anything, but she defended herself every time he attacked, but even he admitted that he was always the cruellest of the two. And it was in those moments too much that he actually almost hated himself.