"look! she's right there!"

everyone looked in the direction Yuuji was pointing at. surely enough, the albino was there.

but she had no intention of walking to them, afterall she was dripping blood from head to toe, not like they could see from afar.

"oi, (Y/n)!"

she was trying hard to ignore the ball of sunshine, continuing her steps to her dorm. Mochi noticed however, barking and trotting happily to the group.

"(Y/n)!"

she kept walking.

"(Y/n)!"

for crying out loud.

"(Y/n)!"

she stopped in her tracks, reluctantly changing course to Yuuji who celebrated his success in grabbing the girl's attention.

but she was still dripping with blood and reeking of its iron.

"(Y/n)— what happened to you? why are you covered in blood?!" Yuuji questioned the obvious.

"a mission. i'm sorry for not getting back to you, Maki, Nobara."

"mah, you're fine. we assumed as much," the ginger waved off. "you should shower and join us. it's been a while."

"...we'll see. Mochi can stay with you guys in my place...later."

(Y/n) retreated for her dorm, but was stopped when she felt a hand wrapped firmly around her wrist. even without looking, she could tell who that hand belonged to.

"h-hey, can we talk later?"

Megumi stared at her blood stained face which showed little to no emotion at his request.

his hand was surely covered in blood. whether it was hers or the curses she exorcised earlier that day, he didn't care. it's not like he hadn't been drenched in his own blood before.

her eyes drifted to her lower left, avoiding his gaze,"...i'm not feeling well... and i'm busy later... we can't."

(Y/n) pulled her hand away and left Megumi standing there in shock.

that was basically the exact same thing he had told her. it sounded incredibly rejectful coming from her lips especially. was that how she felt back then? hearing the phrase he used against her stung him terribly.

the sorceress was completely aware of the phrase she had use. it felt so bitter and petty to say. she didn't know why those words came out of her mouth. it just did. it didn't feel right. it didn't sound right.

why am i like this?

________________

(Y/n) sat on her bed, knees pushed up to her chest and head resting on her knee caps. she was alone in the dark room after finishing her refreshing shower.

the young girl didn't want to face anyone after what she did, or rather said. she was too tired from her missions and the questions that flooded her mind. what would they think of her then?