ASPIRATION. 04

♥︎

♥︎. graduated a few weeks ago, so I've spent most of my time away from writing, but seeing many people add this story to their library and comment, it motivated me to write
♥︎. after being away for so long, my writing will be pretty different and will gradually become a story without much of a plot;;
♥︎. but regardless, thank you for the votes and reads, enjoy the chapter ♡

"where's (Y/n)?" Yuuji approached his classmates—who were having a picnic on school grounds—with several drinks in a bag.

"didn't you text her to come Maki-senpai?"

"i did, but she didn't respond. Kugisaki did too, but no answer either."

"mustard leaf?"

"maybe she's busy, afterall she's a special grade sorcerer," Panda chimed as he happily ate the sushi Inumaki made.

the students made it their goal to spend more time with one another and focus on their mental and emotional health. being a sorcerer was a serious job— taking on various missions can take a tole on not only ones physical health but the psychological state of a person.

"i doubt her ranking is the sole reason. she's a big girl, not a baby," Nobara muttered as her eyes trailed to a particular sea urchin headed boy.

he looked at her for a brief second before looking away.

"spit it out, what's going on between you two? one day you guys were happily hanging around with one another, and now you guys act like total strangers."

Megumi was hesistant to answer. his relationship with his childhood friend only seemed to diminish ever since his decline on that walk. by diminish, it meant not see or talk to each other at all.

the 1st year did come to a census that he'd have to talk to (Y/n) about what he said and where they stood. but any chance he'd try to take, she'd avoid him.

he just accepted that there was no changing things now, especially when they both lived in 2 different worlds.

Megumi had others he could rely on and be himself. with that opportunity came a great privilege of freedom and learning.

(Y/n) on the otherhand had no one to rely on while following the orders of the higher ups. if they told her to clean up their dirty work she would. if they intended her to suffer a great deal, she would endure it.

of course, she could go out on her own accord, but that would lead to punishments she didn't want to live through again.

they were too different.