45; bear at a bachelor party

Just to clarify; Elias kept his promise and helped Alice out with the wedding. It was a gruesome act- that woman took the word extreme to a whole other extreme. She'd planned things to the minute, hell even the second- she'd thought of every possibility. There was nothing slipping past Alice leading up to the big day.

Well, other than Elias of course. She'd stressed and bossed him about for weeks and it took a lot of work to finally slip past her a day before the big event...for a very strategic event.

"Don't kill anyone and don't breathe!" Nate warns in a true Alice scolding fashion as the four of them stand, waiting for the invisible clock, in the forest.

It's pitch black but Elias can see everyone perfectly. Nate is fussing, twisting and untwisting strands of his long hair as he continues to spill advice that Eli is ignoring. Emmett paces, throwing a fist into his open palm over and over, the very picture of impatient. Jasper is next to the newborn, watching them all with a smirk and crossed arms.

Elias would use the sight of him as a distraction, but he's too amused at the minute and that makes the newborn think back to what they're gonna do. So he turns his chin away from the blond and thinks of something else. He wonders briefly if the tree he leans on is capable of blocking his hearing- maybe shoving his head back and through the bark will do? Probably not. It'd only mess up his hair.

"I'll be holding your arms like this-" Nate continues to narrate as he moves over in demonstrating, throwing a warning look at the newborn before gripping his biceps with heavy hands. It's a good restraint, but they all know Elias can get out of it if he really wanted. Let's hope he doesn't want to.

"Ok," Jasper sighs with mirth, pushing the olive skinned vampire away playfully from his mate. Nate glares at them both, especially as Elias laughs. "We've been over this. If anything I'll tackle him."

Eli's eyebrows rise, his mouth opens to say something that probably isn't family friendly. Jasper points at him with a stern, "no."

Eli's mouth shuts with a audible sound.

"Nate, I'll let you hold my hand, it'll be fine," the curly haired boy jokes, which really shouldn't be as funny as it is, but Jasper starts laughing under his breath and Eli feels like the best comedian in the world. The blond has such a pretty laugh...

"Come on!" Emmett calls, fed up as he checks the silver watch on his wrist. Its officially midnight, meaning Edward is late. Meaning they had to go collect him. "We're losing precious time here," the burly vampire mutters disapprovingly. He makes a hand motion to north, to the general population of Forks.

"Let's go," Eli orders, straightening up from the tree. His smile becomes challenging, Jasper already knows what he's going to say and starts running.

"Race!" He shouts, a little too late.

•••

Elias is the slowest runner. Even with his newborn strength as a advantage, he's the last in the group as they run. Can't have it all in life.

They're about a mile off from Bella Swans house- the group is slowing, their eagerness of the event paired with apprehension of making sure Elias doesn't hunt a human- when they hear Edward cry through gritted teeth, "Oh for the love of all that's holy!"