The first whistle is blown and the puck is dropped, McGill sends the puck over to one of his team mates before ramming into Guy. 

This is gonna be a long game.

<^>

"Aw man! How could you let him by you?!" Goldberg complains throwing his stick on the floor. The score is currently 5-0 and I still haven't played yet. We're in the second period. 

"For god's sake coach, call a line change! Let me play!" I practically beg the older man, and my fellow team mates sitting on the bench agree. 

"Alright, line change. Come on, go, go, go." Coach answers bored.

"Finally!" I exclaim at the same time Charlie does when he notices I'm coming on the ice. 

Karp and Peter slowly roll off the side of the rink to hit the ice and get in position. I quickly grab my stick and am about to put my helmet on when I lock eyes with a hawk. Adam Banks. 

The boys always tell me how horrible all the hawks are and that they're all cake eaters. So this guy best not try anything with me right now.

Surprisingly, he just gives me a small smile and a nod. Shocked I blink at him before rushing off onto the ice.

I take face off and get in position, being face to face with McGill made me want to throw up. 

"I'll go easy on you, babe." He smirks.

I roll my eyes and shrug, "Its your funeral."

The puck is dropped and after some wrestling for the puck, I gain control and send it over to my right wing, Peter. He shoots it over to Guy, who passes it to Charlie who skates with it all the way to the Hawk's zone with five Hawks on his trail. Just before he trips and falls he passes it to me and I instantly skate as close to the net as I can get before I shoot and... Score! 5-1. 

"And we're back in the game!" I cheer as Charlie quickly embraces me in a hug. 

As we're skating away from the goal I hear my father shout, "Bombay! You're off!" 

"What?!" Most of the team yells.

"I just got our first goal and your pulling me out?! I've been on the ice for like two seconds!" I exclaim.

"More like two minutes!" He raises his voice. "Too long to score one point in my opinion."

"What would you know about it?!" Jesse questions.

"We worked hard for that goal!" I shout.

"Well-"

"District-5 lets play hockey not have a domestic!" The Ref calls to us.

"Sorry." Gordon calls to him before turning to me. "Your off and that's final. Sit on the bench."

I sigh, "Whatever."

<^>

All of a sudden the Hawk's stands start chanting 'Banks' and I watch as he tricks Goldberg into coming out of the net, leaving our goal wide open before he takes his shot and of course scores. The score is now 8-1 and that's the end of second period.

Everyone comes off the ice to rest and hydrate themselves, well not everyone as I spent most of my time on the bench.

"How lazy can you be?!" Bombay rips Goldberg's drink from his mouth before a drop could even touch his tongue. "They're killing us out there! How many times do I gotta tell you: Get those rebounds, get your heads up, get those loose pucks. Get... just... get the hell outta here."