Chapter 20 - I Am Doomed

Start from the beginning

In that instant I realized why I was mad at Nanon. Where it all went wrong.

I was angry at him. He did not understand my care for him. He did not realise what I was trying to do. I protected him from everything, in turn that made him more and more upset with me.

He was polite with everyone except for me.

I always knew what he liked what he didn't. I knew whom he dated, whom he befriended.

I knew when he was genuinely happy or when he was just pretending for everybody around him.

I have observed Nanon so much since childhood that I can tell he has been the center of my attention since forever.

Though there is one thing that I don't know. I don't know what exactly I feel for him. I am always angry at myself more than him for being like this.

But when he asked for that promise, I was too weak to refuse.

I crossed the second phase in first go without realizing it.

Phase one was to care for him. Phase two was to hug him. Phase three was to be handsy. Phase four was to flirt. Phase five was to tell him that I like him.

Instead, I am already on phase three. Last night I stopped myself an inch away from his lips. The worst part is he was sleeping. How can I behave like a pervert?

Every time I am near him, I get a tingling feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Last week I saw him in towel coming out of the bathroom, and I instantly had a boner. I had to rush out of the house and I cooled myself down in my car after driving for some 10 kilometers.

These days I am unable to face him. Because I don't know what is wrong with me. I am unable to hate him. I am unable to be indifferent to him. My mouth waters and throat feels dry all the time I think of him.

But... I am not gay. I am not into guys. Have never ever even thought about any such thing. Then what is happening now?

Why is this happening to me?

Today when Niran came to me to ask me the status about my plan, I got so angry, I tied his mouth from my tie to shut him up. When he started opening his mouth I tied his hands too. I made him sit like that for half an hour before Drake came up to meet me.

Since a month, I have been avoiding Drake as well. I avoided going to our family dinner, I avoid meeting up with anyone. I am so confused. How am I to face people? What shall I tell them?

My mind is always clouded with Nanon's face.

His face. His white skin. His pink cheeks that I see at night. His dimples... His smile... His long eyelashes... His scent...

.

Tears started dripping from my eyes.

"Ohm..." Drake pulled the car on side and held my shoulder.

"There is something wrong with me, Drake." I said unable to stop myself from crying.

"Ohm... Relax." Drake massaged my shoulder. "I am here. Talk please. Tell me everything."

"How? How can I relax knowing that I am feeling something for a guy? A guy, Drake." I said. I don't know what is wrong with me. But I am weeping. I haven't felt so weak ever in my life.

"Tell me what exactly are you feeling?"

"What? It's all embarrassing. The kind of thought I am getting..."