𝟓. somebody else

Start from the beginning

"You became what you always talked about," I also broke a small smile. I felt a wave of relief as I felt a lot less tense than I did before. "Yeah and so did you. From what I have heard, you've done very well for yourself. Just like you said when we were 18."

I chuckled, warmth filling my heart, "yeah, I guess we got what we wanted in the end."

Part of me felt like it was a lie, did we really get what we wanted?

It felt like old times for a brief moment. It was nice. It wasn't long until that moment was over.
"Hey, babe. I was looking for you, I was wondering where you had wandered off to." She chimed, a big smile on her face. I put my arm around her waist, "Hey." I smiled down at her, "Pieck this is Y/N, then Y/N this is Pieck."

"I'm his girlfriend, nice to meet you." She looked over at Y/N and smiled. Of course, she had to specify she was my girlfriend. Always so territorial. "Yeah, nice to meet you too." Y/N smiled a small amount at Pieck. She quickly excused herself, it seemed she wanted to get away as quickly as possible. "Well, it was nice to meet you and it was nice seeing you, Jean."
"Nice to meet you, Y/N."
"Yeah, nice seeing you..." I trailed off, fairly emotionless with a hint of disappointment. She waved at us a little and made her way in the opposite direction, she slowly faded away into the crowd.

Why does my heart ache slightly? Whatever. Just ignore it and enjoy your night.

"So, that's Y/N. The girl you grew up with, right?" Pieck looks over at me with her brow slightly raised. "Yeah, she is. Does it matter?"
"I don't know, depends. By the way, you were gawking at each other just then, I'd say there was more than a friendship."
I sigh in frustration, one impressive thing is how well she can read people. I slipped up there. "I wasn't gawking at her, it's just been a long time since I saw her. I just didn't expect it that's all."
"You didn't answer my question," she says in a more annoyed tone. "Okay, yeah fine. We were more friends at one point, but we never officially dated. It sizzled out." I say back, my frustration building up. "And you decided to never tell me this?" Pieck raised her voice slightly, clearly annoyed. Frankly, I just couldn't be bothered with it. "I think you're overreacting. It was five years ago." I bite.
"It still happened." She bites back.
"I can't be bothered with this," I said walking away from her. She didn't follow me, for once.

An hour or two passed, and I was now walking out with Connie towards the private car. Pieck tugs on my arm as she catches up with me, I stop in my tracks and tell Connie to wait in the car. I turn to her, "What." I say bluntly.
"I'm sorry, you were right. I was overreacting, I just get worried. You know how my last relationship ended up..." She said sombrely, I sigh and hold her hand reassuringly. "I'm not going to do anything behind your back, I would never want to hurt you."
She breaks a small smile and her hand tightens around mine, "Yeah, I know. I just overthink things."
"I understand." I smile back. "Now come on, let's go."

We make our way into the car, it was me, Connie, Eren, his girlfriend Mikasa and Reiner. We all chatted away and had a few more pre-drinks before we got to the club.

We arrived at the club and get in straight away due to us being VIPs. I could get used to all this.

Time went by, and Eren, Connie and I had a few shots. I spent the most time with Pieck as usual. It had been an hour or so, we had all moved to the dance floor. Pieck and I were dancing together and that's when I saw Y/N. She was dancing with Reiner, my eyes were glued to them as I watched them talk and smile. We met eyes and I quickly turned my gaze back upon Pieck. It boiled my blood seeing Reiner so close to Y/N. It shouldn't but it did.