"Okay, Liv." He picks up his cup, taking down a swig of orange juice. This room is full of tension, but a different tension— one I can't explain.

My insides don't feel like they're being set on fire. I don't feel like I can't breathe. But it feels, nice? It feels good.

Breakfast continues with small talk, and I learn that Bryce absolutely has no intention of being in college any longer than he has to. In a perfect world, he'll carry LSU to a title, enter the draft in June, and get drafted by his dream team, the Toronto Raptors. Apparently, his mom is in Canada , so he'll be closer to her that way. Sweet. Would he truly be a D1 athlete if he wasn't doing all of this for his mother?

"Louisiana is a far way from Canada. How did you end up here?" I ask since his mom is in Canada.

"Lived here my whole life. My dad played for the Pelicans for most of his career, so Louisiana became home. My parents are from Canada, but my mom followed my dad here. He couldn't keep it in his pants, and she went home. It's really an uninspiring story." He looks genuinely unphased. Not missing a beat as he continues to eat his breakfast.

"I'm sorry to hear that." How else is one supposed to respond to that?

"No biggie. I like them better apart. Dad is a great dad, and she's a great mom. They were shit together." He shrugs. Makes sense, I guess.

"What about you? Louisiana native too?"

I almost choke on my water. "Not even close. Cali girl, actually."

He pauses for a second, looking at me. "I can see it."

Whatever that means.

"So, how do you know Kennedy?" You would think I just said something terrible the way he darts his eyes up at me.

"Same high school." He keeps his response short and looks almost... pained? A falling out, maybe? I should probably mind my business. Prying into Kennedy's life feels wrong. If she wants me to know, she'll tell me.

"You guys been friends for a while?"

"I actually just met her at the beginning of summer, but I feel like I've known her forever—a true angel."

"Yeah." He grabs up our plates and begins to wash them off. He mumbles something else, but I can't hear it.

"Well, I have to get going." I pause, waiting for him to respond. "But, I'd like to see you again? Soon?" I nervously add on.

"I'd like that." He turns and smiles at me. "After all, I do have a few things to show you." He smirks before walking over and grabbing me up into a hug.

It's nice. He feels nice.

"Call me later?"

"As long as I'm not getting the same treatment as whoever was blowing you up earlier." He jokes.

"You? Never." I tease him.

"Bye, Liv." He tucks a curl behind my ear, and I smile up at him. I really do hope he calls.

I have a few hours to kill, and I decide to go into the studio. Dancing for a few hours to clear my head is exactly what I need. Not to mention, I can't possibly go back to my dorm and risk running into Kennedy before I know exactly what Spencer told her.

I scroll through Instagram on the walk there, and I see Simone posted a story. She is out by a lake, and I don't see the face, but I know the voice. She's with my brother. I guess his shy phase is over.

Time flies as I mark through a few of our routines and even come up with a new one of my own. I thought taking on choreography would be too much as a freshman, but this reminds me of how much I love it. I take a look in the mirror, and I'm a sweaty disaster, but it doesn't matter. I'm going to have my last conversation ever with Spencer James. My appearance couldn't matter less.