𝟬𝟭𝟮. sweet dreams

____________________________________

"Honestly we could just go back— is anyone even listening!" Steve waved his arms but they all just grabbed all the equipment from the trunk.

Keira pushed something at his chest, "Put it on."
He looked down, letting the face mask and hat fall in his hand.
He opened his mouth once more to say something but she gave him a look causing him to sigh in defeat.

"Come on, we don't have much time!" Mike yelled, walking down towards the hole.

"Hey! No!" Mike turned to Steve's yells. "I'll go in first." He gulped.
Even though she knew he was scared shitless, Keira  still admired how he put the kids safety first.

Everyone entered the tunnel, Keira was the last one to go in. She felt the harsh wind hit her right before. She pressed her hand to her chest, her throat dry, felling that dark empty feeling again. It was stronger, so much stronger.

"Keira! Come on!" She shock her head to rid her thoughts, accepting Steve's hand to help her jump in.

Steve grabbed a ahold of her hips to maintain her from falling, "You Okay?" He asked, his hand moving up to her arm. She nodded.

"Yeah I'm fine, let's just get this done." She adjusted the face mask a little as she slowly walked more into the tunnel.

Dustin directed them to continue forward.
Keira held onto Steve's shoulder when she almost tripped by one of the vines. He placed his hand on top of hers to try to keep her from slipping.

"Here." Mike spoke causing all of them to stop behind him.

Keira moved in front of Steve grabbing the liquid that was to be set on fire. She passed one to Steve and they started to drench the whole thing.

It didn't take them much longer, Keira coughed at the smell of it. One more throw and they finished.
Steve grabbed her hand so she'd move back from the area they had just drenched.
He grabbed his lighter and flicked it on.

Steve took a final breath before he through his lighter into the middle.
He quickly stood up from his crouched down position— motioning everyone to start running.

They all tried to leave the same way they had entered, they could hear the roars of the creatures getting closer.
They all stopped behind Dustin when a demo-dog stood in front of them.

"Dustin-" Keira whispered.

"No it's okay. It's dart." Dustin assured them, none of them believed Dustin was in the right mindset.
"You hungry?" He spoke to dart. "Here. Your favorite." He passed it a chocolate bar, which he gracefully took. They all frowned, it actually worked.

Dustin gestured them to go and they obeyed, Dustin followed closely behind.
In just a few more steps they managed to reach the place where they had entered.

Steve pulled down the rope they had used to get in, he lifted Mike up to crawl out, then Lucas, then Max, and then Dustin.

Keira turned her head when a noise was heard. She didn't know if she was the only one able to hear it
Steve yelled towards Keira to go up. She turned her back to Steve, he frowned to her to go up but she payed no attention.