Three - Explanation

"Well..."
"Well...?"
"I'm scared."

"Why?" Harlow asked, growing even more concerned. The female in front of him shifted in her spot. She didn't know how to say this.

"Well- I guess- I guess I just- I- I don't know. I- I want friends. But- but I don't know if mother and father would approve if I were friends with the citizens.."

Harlow then hugged her. She hesitated to hug back, as this was a surprise hug.

"They will approve, okay? Trust me. Our mother and father are one of, if not the, best rulers in the entire The Five Kingdoms."

She smiled at this. The Five Kingdoms. She loved this about her brother. He was always there to comfort her and he always brought this up. The Five Kingdoms. Nice ring to it. Sadly, wholesome things must come to an end. He let go of the hug, so did she, and sat back up.

"Now, why don't you get ready for today? I'll wait for you in the kitchen if you'd like."

Millie nodded. "I'd love that." Harlow picked himself up and walked over to the door. "Good morning, by the way," he said before walking out.

The female smiled and got up, walking over to her closet and picking out her outfit.

Time skip.

Harlow waited in the kitchen, his plate of food getting colder by the second. Suddenly here came Millie.

"Hey!" The young prince said, smiling. Millie smiled back, "Hi!"

"Someone's feeling happy now!"
"Yea, you cheered me up! A lot!"
"I'm glad to hear I cheered you up, little sister."

Harlow smiles. Millie returns it. They both begin eating after sitting down at the table, the room filled with comfortable silence. But of course, it had to come to an end. The King and Queen walked in, ready as ever to go to the village they wisely and kindly ruled over. They were no tyrants.

"Children! Good morning!" the King greeted. Followed by the Queen, "Good morning, my beloveds. How was your sleep, may I ask?" she asked with that tone only one with great charitableness and graciousness could possess.

The young man swallowed his bite of food, speaking. "Hello and good morning, mother and father! I slept very well! Thank you for asking, mother." He replied. Followed by a shy voice, "Greetings and good morning-" she took a breath- "mother and father. I also slept well, thank you for querying."

Harlow stifled his scoff and laughter at his little sister's great vocabulary. The two regal rulers began to eat, soon the room fell back into that nice, warm, comfortable silence it was once in. Only for a moment or two, because the king then spoke again.

"I heard you wouldn't come out of your room, Millie. Why is that so?" He questioned. Millie tensed in her spot and opened her mouth to speak, only nothing coming out of it.

"Millie, dearie, what's wrong?" Her mother asked voice laced in worry. Harlow looked at Millie and she looked at him. Harlow mouthed the words 'It's okay to her, and she spoke.

"IwasjustnervousbecauseIwantafriendfromthevillageandIdidn'tknowifyouguyswouldapproveofit."

"Slower, honey."

"I was just nervous because I want a friend from the village and I didn't know if you guys would approve of it." She said, slower this time, and out of breath. Her mother and father laughed. Not of amusement, but y'know.

"No, of course not! You can be friends with whoever you'd like, as long as they aren't rude, evil, or anything like that." Her mother stated. The King shook his head in agreement.

"O-oh. Okay! Thank you!" The very young lady thanked. She got up after finishing her food and ran to the door leading to the outside. Or in other words, the grand hall. The others finished their food soon after and went to go there as well.

"I wonder if she'll find any friends." Harlow thought to himself.

Ayup! Author here :) long-ish chapter today! I'm excited about the next chapter hehdjskkfkd. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and please comment! I love hearing what you have to say, and yes, I read it all. Anywho, have a nice day/night and goodbye! See ya next chapter :)